Practice And Posting

GMoney

Word to wise for everyone on the board... Be careful about the things you post from stuff you see at practice. Be especially careful in regards to players in different positions, formations and specific plays. The practices are somewhat open to the public (considering you can see through the pole fence), but if too much gets revealed they could move practice into the stadium and close it to everyone.

I know this is different from the past (and many won't like it), but different coach, different system and different times.

Edited by GMoney

Word to wise for everyone on the board... Be careful about the things you post from stuff you see at practice. Be especially careful in regards to players in different positions, formations and specific plays. The practices are somewhat open to the public (considering you can see through the pole fence), but if too much gets revealed they could move practice into the stadium and close it to everyone.

I know this is different from the past (and many won't like it), but different coach, different system and different times.

Think about it guys and gals. We actually have an offense that opposing teams would want info about. Talk about the difference a year makes.

Excellent, timely post GMoney.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Think about it guys and gals. We actually have an offense that opposing teams would want info about. Talk about the difference a year makes.

Come on there are a lot of different ways to disguise a draw. I’m sure some school somewhere would have paid tens of dollars for film of a Dickey practice.

While today's practice featured Meager lining up at nose tackle on a couple of plays, what really surprised me was to see Maurice Holman QB-ing the triple option. I had no idea he was that fast. The move makes a lot of sense in short yardage and goal line plays because he can flat out run over the defenders.

It seems Jonathan Ieans has once again found himself in the midst of the QB battle and he looks to be the early frontrunner to win the starting position.

One other interesting thing I saw at today's practice was that Todd Dodge had the kickers working on the drop kick. Apparently, we'll opt for the drop kick against OU when we're faced with a 4th down inside their thirty-five yard line. In other kicking news, Woody Wilson seems to have emerged as the starter for kick-off holder...it's nice to know we'll have his sure hands on those windy September afternoon games when the ball just won't stay on the tee.

Edited by gangrene

Some of you guys should go read in the bigger schools message boards and see just how much stuff they post from practices they go and watch....it would amaze some of you. If you want to post something about practice, I think it will be okay. If TD was that concerned about it, they would just put up tarps around the field so you couldn't see anything.

Some of you guys should go read in the bigger schools message boards and see just how much stuff they post from practices they go and watch....it would amaze some of you. If you want to post something about practice, I think it will be okay. If TD was that concerned about it, they would just put up tarps around the field so you couldn't see anything.

I didn't put my message up out of thin air. There is a real possibilty they could move practice to the stadium if too many detailed things are posted on the board. It almost happened during spring ball.

Edited by GMoney

While today's practice featured Meager lining up at nose tackle on a couple of plays, what really surprised me was to see Maurice Holman QB-ing the triple option. I had no idea he was that fast. The move makes a lot of sense in short yardage and goal line plays because he can flat out run over the defenders.

It seems Jonathan Ieans has once again found himself in the midst of the QB battle and he looks to be the early frontrunner to win the starting position.

One other interesting thing I saw at today's practice was that Todd Dodge had the kickers working on the drop kick. Apparently, we'll opt for the drop kick against OU when we're faced with a 4th down inside their thirty-five yard line. In other kicking news, Woody Wilson seems to have emerged as the starter for kick-off holder...it's nice to know we'll have his sure hands on those windy September afternoon games when the ball just won't stay on the tee.

Great report! How did our super double secret 400-lb center look?