Tulsa Board On Riley To U N T

I've always had a great respect for Tulsa, dating back from the old MVC days. Those guys have gone through many down years but have recently pulled out of it. They never gave up, they just made good hires. Wish we could be in the same conference with them someday.

This Tulsa poster gives UNT a thumbs up !

I.T.S. Head Coach

Post #3289

Beggs

A small group of us went to the UNT game a couple of years back, and we all were impressed with their fans and the game day atmosphere on their campus. Those guys know how to set a tone for game day. And their tailgate definitely exemplifies "Texas Style", LOL.

I think they'd make a great addition to anyone's conference, and regardless, I agree that we need to get them back on our schedule.

(LEC would have to be taken in restraints, cause they definitely got some beauties.

)

Edited by MeanGreen61

I love the idea of having an extended series with Tulsa. I love playing against schools that are within easy driving distance for day trips, and Tulsa is even a nice weekend destination.

I was unable to be at the Tulsa game this past year, but the Tulsa fans that came to Fouts in 2005 were very social and joined the tailgating festivities. They impressed me as being very nice people. (Ugh, what a shocking game...favored by 5, lose by 50. Ouch! That one still hurts.)

There are drawbacks about extending that series. Tulsa recruits northern Texas very aggressively. They already play in Dallas every other year, but playing us gives them exposure in our market every single season.