Suspended Ut Football Player To Transfer

GreenBat

You will eventually have a problem or two, even with a group of young men that ostensibly are "squeeky clean" We are all human and subject to the temptations of life. There is no sense in increasing the odds of disrupting your team chemistry by taking a kid into your program with known character issues...IMHO.

Hell, if we're going to convict a teenager for an ARREST before he's tried than we certainly don't deserve a law school. I certainly don't want any proven bad apples around campus, but the big picture of the kid's character takes precedence over one alleged incident. Let's wait and see how it shakes out before condemnation.

This thread is pretty funny...to even CONSIDER this kid id NUTS...plain and simple! No, I am not convicting him ahead of time (remember the Duke Lacrosse players?????), but appears this is not the first little incident involving this young man. He needs to get his act together somewhere else. UNT does not need this kind of stuff. Convicted or not...there is a character issue when a kid is found in two cars...neither of which are his....think about it...not just as a football prospect, but as a young man who seems to be headed in the wrong direction. He may need to consider priorities surrounding his life that do not involve football....No need to bring this "stuff" to UNT>

This thread is pretty funny...to even CONSIDER this kid id NUTS...plain and simple! No, I am not convicting him ahead of time (remember the Duke Lacrosse players?????), but appears this is not the first little incident involving this young man. He needs to get his act together somewhere else. UNT does not need this kind of stuff. Convicted or not...there is a character issue when a kid is found in two cars...neither of which are his....think about it...not just as a football prospect, but as a young man who seems to be headed in the wrong direction. He may need to consider priorities surrounding his life that do not involve football....No need to bring this "stuff" to UNT>

What evidence? All we've read about so far is about this one night.

I'm with MBA, we're all subject to temptations and make mistakes. These two cars (or multiple, however many it was) appears to have happened on the same night. I'm not justifying his actions, but if he had a clean slate before this and just got caught up in the wrong crowd on one night, I think we should reserve any opinions until he shows whether or not this crowd was typical of him.

I'm admittedly a little pessimistic - not necessarily just because of the attempted burglary, but also because he presented himself as someone who's only using college as a means to the NFL. As if the education doesn't really matter to him. I'm not isolating him: I know that he's not alone in that mentality. But that kind of attitude isn't indicative of someone that is going to wholy (sp) respect the college system...including the behavior, discipline, and acadamia.

"I don't know where I'm going to go yet, but I hope to continue working towards my dream of playing in the NFL."

**edit

Kind of in the same line: did anyone else read the release that Pacman Jones DNA did not match up with the supposed crimes he was a part of?

espn article

Edited by greenminer

What other little incidents are you speaking of? What is your source?

This kid was a 4 star recruit coming out of high school and him being able to play as a sophomore at UT shows what kind of talent he has.. in the few interviews I have read with him since the incident, he seems to have been humbled by the whole situation.. This kid deserves a second chance and he will get it some where regardless.. I hope it might be UNT

This kid was a 4 star recruit coming out of high school and him being able to play as a sophomore at UT shows what kind of talent he has.. in the few interviews I have read with him since the incident, he seems to have been humbled by the whole situation.. This kid deserves a second chance and he will get it some where regardless.. I hope it might be UNT

You're usually humbled when you get caught.