Scout.com Reports Another 4 Star To Visit

www.Scout.com has him listed today as committed to Oklahoma State.

So does Rivals.

June 13, 2007

Cowboys get another verbal commit

Reed Coldiron

OStateIllustrated.com

document.write(insertImage('/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/ALFREDDUPREE10_12100.JPG', '', 0, 120, 100, 1, '', 'Rivals.com', 1181729572000, '', 932, 'Align=Right'));spacer1.gifALFREDDUPREE10_12100.JPGThe Cowboys picked up another impressive commitment tonight as Dallas, Texas outside linebacker prospect Alfred Dupree committed to Oklahoma State. The 6-foot-2, 209-pounder continues an impressive streak of commitments for OSU over the past few weeks and inside Dupree talks about what led him to choose the Pokes at this point in the process.

If this prospect has grade issues, why are the Big Boy's so interested in him?

What can the Big boy's do to "improve" his grades?

Well, he's considering TTech and we all know that TTech doesn't even make their athletes go to class, ala Byron Hanspard's 0.0 GPA his Junior season. :rolleyes:

BEYOND THE HEDGES: Texas Tech football players earn 0.00 GPA last fall

All-American running back Byron Hanspard and lineman Casey Jones completed last fall's semester at Texas Tech University without passing a single course.

Hanspard, who rushed for 2,084 yards and won the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back, finished the semester with a grade point average of 0.00, the Houston Chronicle reported, citing unidentified sources.

Jones, a senior offensive lineman, also posted a 0.00 GPA last fall, according to the Chronicle.

Jones was ruled ineligible at the beginning of the season, but was able to play in the Red Raiders' final six games after obtaining a series of court orders blocking the ruling.

The Texas Tech football program has been under scrutiny from the NCAA for more than a year. Some Texas Tech faculty members have voiced concerns over players missing classes or expecting special treatment.

When contacted by the Associated Press, Texas Tech Football Head Coach Spike Dykes said he could not confirm whether the players failed coursework last fall.

When asked if the GPAs of Hanspard and Jones concerned him or whether Texas Tech should be doing more to ensure that student athletes are really students, Dykes said eligibility under NCAA rules was his only concern.

Under NCAA rules, a player who fails all of his classes during a fall semester can participate in a bowl as long as he remains enrolled in at least 12 hours, the NCAA's minimum standard for a full-time student, during the semester.

While appearing before the university's faculty senate, Dykes acknowledged that players with zero GPAs had participated in bowls but pointed out that the practice is allowed by the NCAA and is common "at every university I know of."

When asked during the meeting if the Athletic Department had its own policy basing bowl participation on academic performance, Dykes said that only a "recommendation" to do so had been made at one point.

Source: The Daily Texan, Feb. 17.

This item appeared in the News section of the March 21, 1997 issue.

Yes, I know, this was ten years ago...but you can bet that this sort of thing still happens, and not just at TTech.

I agree. With a news stadium we could broadcast our own games, put our own spin on wins AND losses and even do local weather. :P

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...it was all in good fun.

Having our first new born in the house has it's liabilities. Not being able to proofread a post is one of them.

Being in the news broadcast business I would actually love a facility like that. Hell, it'd be my dream job to work there.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. With a news stadium we could broadcast our own games, put our own spin on wins AND losses and even do local weather. :P

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...it was all in good fun.

You know, all kidding aside. If we catered our stadium to (among other people like fans) media.. we just might see more of our games on TV.

What do I mean by this?... Add a sat dish to the press box, or fiber lines out. Leave room for camera nests throughout the stadium with lines for cameras already run to a connection box where a remote truck can just pull up and plug in without having to run cable. There are many things we will be able to include in a stadium when starting from scratch, I really hope to see this as one of them. Anything we can do to differentiate ourselves from the other guys, I think we should take a serious look at.