Allow me to get on my soap box on the Rangers for a moment.

After seeing Mark Buehrle no-hit the Rangers tonight, one could see the inconsistency of the current Ranger line-up. Will it take some time for them to mesh? Texasrangers.com quoted Mark Teixeira as saying "It usually takes me longer to get going because I'm a switch-hitting power hitter. Switch-hitting power hitters usually take longer. It'll take me a few more at-bats to get comfortable." He has no excuses in my book. Other than that, the only bright spot on offense is Kinsler. On the subject of pitching, besides Padilla (and of course Millwood tonight), the rest of the staff looks ok.

So my question is this: Is this the year, or is this just going to be another year of floundering in the basement of the AL West?

Edited by NorthTexasFan

They got no-hit? Thats depressing.

I'm probably not the best person to speak on the Rangers, since I'm the biggest fair weather baseball fan there is. I dont think this is the year... theres too many questions surrounding the whole team. Its great that Washington is the new manager though, he'll do better than Sholwalter. By how much remains to be seen.

Other than that, watch more important teams in the DFW. The Mavs- #1 seed in the west... expected to go far

The Stars- though they'll probably get eliminated tomorrow

The Desperados- 7-0 best in the league, might win the ArenaBowl

FC Dallas- good team, always playoff bound

The Cowboys- everyone knew the draft was next week right?????

Allow me to get on my soap box on the Rangers for a moment.

After seeing Mark Buehrle no-hit the Rangers tonight, one could see the inconsistency of the current Ranger line-up. Will it take some time for them to mesh? Texasrangers.com quoted Mark Teixeira as saying "It usually takes me longer to get going because I'm a switch-hitting power hitter. Switch-hitting power hitters usually take longer. It'll take me a few more at-bats to get comfortable." He has no excuses in my book. Other than that, the only bright spot on offense is Kinsler. On the subject of pitching, besides Padilla (and of course Millwood tonight), the rest of the staff looks ok.

So my question is this: Is this the year, or is this just going to be another year of floundering in the basement of the AL West?

I think they will definitely improve this year....not sure if they will win the AL West but if they did I honestly wouldnt be surprised because there is a lot of talent on this team. The offense is in a huge funk right now as it has been for the past few years to began every season. I think all this team needed was a new attitude and I think Washington will hopefully provide that. On top of that we've added peices that really make us a lion waiting to wake up and make everything come together. Hopefully this is the year they make a run.

The pitching is still terrible, and the outfield hitting so far has been terrible, although Lofton and Sosa have been coming around. I don't think this is the year, to be honest, but that won't keep me from hoping. I think if they can pick up Torii Hunter in the offseason, as well as get a top starter through trade or FA, and have a little SP talent come up through the minors...maybe. What I'm worried about is that after this season we'll see the infield broken up in favor of some horrible trade, like the one that saw the Rangers give away Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix only to get back Nelson Cruz (Carlos Lee is now on a ridiculous contract in Houston). I don't remember the last time the Rangers made a good trade.

I'm convinced the Rangers won't win as long as they buy into the Rudy Jamarillo myth. He's developed a bunch of guys that swing for the fences every at-bat and know nothing about situational hitting or working a pitcher or drawing walks. It's no coincidence that they score 10 runs off the spare pitchers in the league, but fold against quality pitching (see all playoff games vs the Yankees).

It looks like he's already ruined Blalock, but maybe Texiera and Young can overcome his coaching.