High School Coaches At Unt

MeanGreen61

High school coaches at UNT

The saying "The gang's all here" appears as if it will take on new meaning at North Texas this week.

Approximately 75 high school coaches were at practice on Wednesday, the first day of the North Texas Clinic for high school football coaches. UNT head coach Todd Dodge said he expected the number to double to 150 today.

The coaches at the clinic watching practice might well out number the players working out.

The clinic is designed to teach high school coaches a new trick or two, but could really end up helping UNT more in the long run. UNT will be on the road recruiting players from high schools that had coaches at the clinic. There is little doubt those coaches will walk away with a good impression of UNT that they will pass along to their players.

UNT will also have an open house event for coaches on the 11th.

Dodge said after practice that high school coaches will be the lifeblood of his program.

If UNT's clinic is any indication, the Mean Green is off to a good start in making those coaches feel welcome.

I wonder how many of these high school coaches will come away from this with a totally new impression of UNT facilities? A lot of these coaches are under the impression we are still working with what we had in prior years and have no clue about the new AC and practice facilities. Even Todd Dodge said until he interviewed he didn't know how nice things were here and what we were still planning on building.

On another note, does anybody think we'd have 150 high school coaches come to learn the Dickey Draw???

This can have nothing but a positive effect on future recruiting.

I wonder how many of these high school coaches will come away from this with a totally new impression of UNT facilities? A lot of these coaches are under the impression we are still working with what we had in prior years and have no clue about the new AC and practice facilities. Even Todd Dodge said until he interviewed he didn't know how nice things were here and what we were still planning on building.

One area that needs addressed ASAP for visitors is Bonnie Brae Road over by Eagle Point. It is easy to miss the turn off of Airport Road after you cross under the I-35 bridge and it's a ruggged two-lane road to the AC and new facilities. I know there are plans in the future to repave and make that part larger but it's in poor shape now. At a minimum they need a nice direction sign at the turnoff until the rest is fixed.

One area that needs addressed ASAP for visitors is Bonnie Brae Road over by Eagle Point. It is easy to miss the turn off of Airport Road after you cross under the I-35 bridge and it's a ruggged two-lane road to the AC and new facilities. I know there are plans in the future to repave and make that part larger but it's in poor shape now. At a minimum they need a nice direction sign at the turnoff until the rest is fixed.

Being a native of Denton and understanding the timing of road work in town, this should be addressed during the middle of the second season of the new stadium and take up to three years to complete.