Tennis Signs Two

UNTLifer

solid but not spectacular recruits. Both will more than likely play around #5-6 in Singles on par with Sara Giles.

Top 50 in Texas is honestly nothing special but sounds like the coaches should help them improve. Both are on par with Aziza/Sara/Megan so the 4-6 range will be very consistent next year.

Wonder if Sujay had a limit to his foreign recruiting.

solid but not spectacular recruits. Both will more than likely play around #5-6 in Singles on par with Sara Giles.

Top 50 in Texas is honestly nothing special but sounds like the coaches should help them improve. Both are on par with Aziza/Sara/Megan so the 4-6 range will be very consistent next year.

Wonder if Sujay had a limit to his foreign recruiting.

It appears Lama has been told to limit foreign recruiting and sign some Texas players. I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand I wish that the NCAA would limit foreign athletes; but I hate for NT to not be competitive with the foreign dominated programs NT is competing with.

It appears Lama has been told to limit foreign recruiting and sign some Texas players. I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand I wish that the NCAA would limit foreign athletes; but I hate for NT to not be competitive with the foreign dominated programs NT is competing with.

I think Lama will field a very solid team next year with the International Ladies playing 1-2, then a solid if unspectactular group from 3-8.

He has signed players, I have to assume that some players are not returning. Megan is the only Senior, as Aziza, Idalina, Sara are Juniors, and Sammie is a Soph. I am wondering if Sammie's injury is career threatening?

I have been told that Allie Chermel and Shannon MacKenzie are walking on. I don't think they received scholarships.

UNT signs area tennis players

11:25 PM CST on Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Allison Chermel of Frisco Centennial and Shannon McKenzie of McKinney have signed national letters of intent to play tennis for North Texas, coach Sujay Lama announced.

I am thinking someone may not be back, but I also do not think it is a misquote if they signed letters of intent as the story is directly from the UNT site. This recent 2 player signing makes five players so someone is not coming back to the team and has not yet graduated.

Edited by untbowler

Pretty sure everyone is coming back! Maybe you should do your homework... since you seem to "know" everything about the tennis team??!

why don't you call up athletics since you want to call everyone a liar on the subject? I am sure they would love to know something regarding to LOI's that you're saying never came in. Needless to say there have been 5 letters of intent that have been recieved. You usually don't have press releases on walk-ons = Someone must be leaving the program. <_<

Mean Green Sports Article

Just listened to Lama's Tuesday press conference. He stated that the two Texas girls were non-scholarship, but he also stated he got a commitment from another top 10 Texas player. He also stated that a lot of the teams beating up on NT this year will not have a chance next year, gotten like that quote.

Guess we owe UNT10sfan an apology, but I have not heard of non-scholarship players signing LOI's. Oh well that just means there is much more depth for the team next year. Thinking about it now tennis signing day is not until April.

Thanks for the insight UNT10sFan