Slc De Commits To Unlv

gangrene

Bryce Saldi (son of former Dallas Cowboy, Jay Saldi) committed to UNLV on Sunday. He's listed at 6'3" and a little on the light side (IMHO) for a DE at 215 lbs. It's my guess that he'd be coming to UNT if TD really wanted him, but who knows?

Best of luck to Bryce in Sin City.

Jan. 29, 2007

Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

Defensive ends Saldi, Plante commit to UNLV recruiting class

By MARK ANDERSON

REVIEW-JOURNAL

UNLV's football team received weekend commitments from two defensive ends who could make immediate impacts.

Bryce Saldi of national champion Southlake (Texas) Carroll High School and first-team junior college All-American Luke Plante both committed Sunday.

Saldi (6 feet 3 inches, 215 pounds) said he received a scholarship offer from Texas Tech and canceled next weekend's trip to Houston. He also said Colorado State and San Diego State were interested.

"I love all the (UNLV) coaches, and it was a family atmosphere when they brought me in and made we feel welcome to the team," Saldi said. "I love the campus and the town."

Last season at Carroll, which was selected the national champion by USA Today, Saldi made 19 tackles for loss, including 11 sacks.

His dad, Jay, played tight end for the Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears from 1976 to 1984. His brother, John, is a linebacker for the Cowboys.

Saldi said he hopes to play as a freshman.

"Going into the season, I expect to play, but I don't really know about actual playing time," he said.

Plante (6-3, 250) was named a junior college All-American by JC Athletic Bureau after registering 95 tackles, including 14 1/2 sacks, at Chaffey College in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.

"(UNLV coaches) said I could come in and compete for a starting spot," Plante said.

UNLV continued to recruit Plante even though some of his Chaffey credits would not transfer to a four-year college. He is taking morning classes at Riverside (Calif.) Community College and night courses at Chaffey, and said he will finish in May.

The credit mix-up hurt Plante in recruiting. He said UNR, Texas A&M, Washington State and Idaho showed interest. Soon, though, he'll be a Rebel.

"I liked the campus and the stadium," Plante said. "The campus is really nice. I didn't know it was that nice."

Re: Fonts on thread titles

I've noticed.....that (problem with the fonts). I think it's been there, even since the fellas re-did the board a few weeks back. Every time, that you type multiple capital letters together......it only capitalizes the first one (in the thread title).

So...UNT becomes Unt.......and so on.

And as far as Saldi goes....I think I heard that we just offered him a walk on opportunity. So, I don't blame a kid for taking a sure scholly....over a walk-on opportunity.

Edited by SUMG