Student body needs to step it up!

MeanGreengdub

As a student here at UNT, I have a lot of pride being a Mean Green. I am super excited about Todd Dodge and what he will do for this football program and this University. I am not so excited though about the student body here at UNT. We need to get excited about this hire. Some people don't realize how big Todd Dodge really is. Ya, ya, I know he's a high school coach but look at his numbers. In his last 78 games hes coached he's only lost 1?? That's ridiculous! I hope that Todd Dodge brings the energy and excitement here to where students are proud to wear UNT gear and are proud to say they go here. As much as a University wants to be known for its academics, its really all about the football. So hopefully this hire will unite the student body and fill Fouts and the Pit so we can be put on the map as a school with pride and integrity.

as much as i support mean green athletics, remember our fans are much more passive than other schools.... student body wise. I mean just today, as I was getting out of my 2nd final, I was talking to someone about the hiring and they were like who? Todd Dodge? But hey, winning changes everything.

Just think.... sit through a 4-8/5-7 season, cause its inevitable. Watch donations go up. Watch recruiting get interesting. Then, 2 seasons down the road, watch UNT win an SBC Championship. By then, hopefully we'll have baseball, and a certain conference will come calling. Also, by then, UNT will be lookin nice, as dorms, buildings, athletic complexes all come up. Man, thank god ill still be here in 08 and 09.... its gonna be some good times at unt

As a student here at UNT, I have a lot of pride being a Mean Green.  I am super excited about Todd Dodge and what he will do for this football program and this University.  I am not so excited though about the student body here at UNT.  We need to get excited about this hire.  Some people don't realize how big Todd Dodge really is.  Ya, ya, I know he's a high school coach but look at his numbers.  In his last 78 games hes coached he's only lost 1??  That's ridiculous!  I hope that Todd Dodge brings the energy and excitement here to where students are proud to wear UNT gear and are proud to say they go here.  As much as a University wants to be known for its academics, its really all about the football.  So hopefully this hire will unite the student body and fill Fouts and the Pit so we can be put on the map as a school with pride and integrity.

haha the nt daily doesnt come out this week......

Hey...hey Grant.

Let me clue you in.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE SCHOOL WAS IN FINALS TODAY. ODDS ARE, THEY'RE NOT PAYING A LOT OF ATTENTION TO THE COACH SITUATION, ESPECIALLY SINCE DICKEY PROBABLY KILLED THEIR FOOTBALL INTEREST.

Which probably means, they won't know until it's in the NT Daily tomorrow.

This is true. Either way, it'll take a bit to spread, especially since the press conference is tonight and like random number/letter guy said before me, the fans are pretty passive right now. Dickey's poor coaching took some of the fire out of the fans.

Winning WILL change everything.

Edited by meangreendork

appreciate the description of my name, dork. haha

This is true. Either way, it'll take a bit to spread, especially since the press conference is tonight and like random number/letter guy said before me, the fans are pretty passive right now. Dickey's poor coaching took some of the fire out of the fans.

Winning WILL change everything.

remember our fans are much more passive than other schools.... student body wise. I mean just today, as I was getting out of my 2nd final, I was talking to someone about the hiring and they were like who? Todd Dodge?

that blows, why is our student body so uniformed about football, we in TEXAS where football is king. sad,sad,sad.

I'm just happy we have gomeangreen.com so I can talk football to football people.