Any serious candidates out there?

UNT_playmaker

"Jimbo Fisher, is the man for the coach at North Texas"

Really, My LSU buddies react to the idea of JBF coming to UNT like:"good riddance-he runs 60% of the time even though he has great WR's etc"

Sound familar?

Why make such a statement when you have done no research?

You Like this guy because:

a-he is a asst. coaches of an SEC team(in this case you like alot of candidates)

b-he coaches a underperforming SEC team that had the talent to be undefeated or at least win the SEC

c- you DD/RF

I WISH THE INSANITY WOULD CEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While we are on the subject of not doing research…

How about Fisher’s 2003 offense, then? You know, of course, the great trio of Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson, and Skyler Green? Yeah, that group combined for 179 receptions, 2,459 yards, and 27 TDs. In one season. Oh, and by the way, that offense set school records for total yards (5,857), first downs (298), completed passes (255), and passing TDs (30).

Fisher is a master of using what is available to him. The very next year, Fisher’s offense averaged 193 rushing yards a game with the talented backfield of Joseph Addai, Justin Vincent, and Alley Broussard, leading the powerhouse SEC.

But, I guess we should trust “some guy” who says they run “about 60% of the time,” huh?

I wouldn't say they underperformed this year.  LSU had the toughest road schedule in the nation this season.  (It's hard enough to win at home in the SEC.)

He also coached a National Championship team.

All I am saying is everyone to a person (many in my area) hates jimbo fisher and and would agree he underperformed.

I am having deja vu of illcluelessvus defending DD-2003 was a few seasons back I am living in the here and now, and the recent performance is subject too MANY complaints from LSU fans.

anyone who defends this thread is down many notches in my book it is an overeaction, tired head, thread that makes NT fans look like idiots

do any of think we should have coach by now?come on

Edited by MeanGreenSig

I'm not sure why the sudden panic, but I think valium is still a prescription drug... so I cant help you there? Might check with Zeke on that one. As for the "waiting for a DAMN HIGH SCHOOL PLAYOFF GAME"..comment, I hope that is exactly what he is doing. I dont see anything embarrassing about that? There is no better choice for us right now than Todd Dodge. And I promise you RV has at least opened a channel to the offensive guru. I would be shocked if there arent at least three other candidates we dont know about. Be patient.

Two things to keep in mind,

1. Fans and Alums have NO control over the hiring process at all?, so why spend so much time freaking out about it? Trust that RV is doing what he said he is. He has always been trustworthy and he has my faith. Try giving him some of yours.

2. No matter who gets hired, you will back him. We all will. Any coach who puts on the Mean Green Colors is going to have a huge task turning this thing around. He will need Alum support, and should get it... that's our job.  Yes, I am hoping that TD becomes our HC. There is a gamble with any coach we hire. so why not?. If it is not Dodge, then we back whoever RV hires. He has earned the right to ask for our loyalty here. He did the right thing in letting Coach Dickey go, even at the cost of upsetting a "big-money" donor. I was also a DD supporter who thought the time was right for a change, and I know how hard that must have been for Rick V. I think he has taken our dissapointments to heart. Give the man a chance to get his guy before you call him out.

Plain and simple: Rick Villareal cares about winning and he cares about this program. I'll put my trust in a guy like that any day.

GMG!!!

Ditto on waiting for the HS playoff game. Todd Dodge+Mean Green Football=Championships!

All I am saying is everyone to a person (many in my area) hates jimbo fisher and and would agree he underperformed.

I am having deja vu of illcluelessvus defending DD-2003 was a few seasons back I am living in the here and now, and the recent performance is subject too MANY complaints from LSU fans.

anyone who defends this thread is down many notches in my book it is an overeaction, tired head, thread that makes NT fans look like idiots

do any of think we should have coach by now?come on

Man... you're really on a roll today. Doesn't deja vu imply something happening again?

I don't remember saying at all that Coach Dickey set offensive passing records one year and then rushing records the next. But, yeah, I will defend the 2003 version of the Coach Dickey product on the field. I remember enjoying the hell out of those games. You know... because our team was winning.

And "illcluessvus?" Were you being SERIOUS with that one? Really?

Anyway, to your point. Yeah, we're all idiots and you're right. Based on your thorough and rational arguments, I can't in good faith come to any other conclusion.

/lockdown