the new president

drex

I went to the Athletic Hall of Fame Breakfast on Saturday morning and Dr. Bataille spoke briefly. I found it very interesting that she already has picked up on the fact that the university is so little known nationally. She was referred to as new president of a small school in northern Texas in some publication. She immediately shot back a response to the author of the article pointing out that she was the new president of a large in school in north texas and told of enrollment, degrees, etc. The point that I want to make is that I think that she will use athletics to get the perception of the school up. She may not eat and sleep athletics, but I think that she is going to ride the athletics horse to upgrade perception of the school I look for marked improvement in athletics future with her.

I'm hearing some great things about Dr. Battaille. The future isn't completely clear at this point but it's exciting just the same for me.

As I posted earlier in the season, I spoke with her directly about her thoughts on athletics down in Austin and she stated that when she was at UWashington they went to the Rose Bowl for the first time since the 20's or 30's and saw an immediate increase in enrollment and alumni donation levels the next year. She stated very clearly that she is well aware of what athletics can do for a university. So I take this as a very positive sign.

Rick

I'm hearing some great things about Dr. Battaille.  The future isn't completely clear at this point but it's exciting just the same for me. 

As I posted earlier in the season, I spoke with her directly about her thoughts on athletics down in Austin and she stated that when she was at UWashington they went to the Rose Bowl for the first time since the 20's or 30's and saw an immediate increase in enrollment and alumni donation levels the next year.  She stated very clearly that she is well aware of what athletics can do for a university.  So I take this as a very positive sign.

Rick

That is great to hear I was very afraid we would start heading back toward no athletic support from the University. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif