Am I happy that we won – YES!

El Paso Eagle

Last night was a case of two coaching staff playing “not to lose”. It was a gutsy performance by the players to going for so long.

The thing that worries me is that so many in the Mean Green world have low expectations and will settle for any “ray of light”. Now somehow we will squeak through the worst D1 conference and the calls will be there that DD deserves one more chance. I will say this for those of you who see through green glasses when it comes to DD – I may not agree with your view but I respect your right to support who you want to, BUT please do not gripe about the Administration or BOR support, or lack of support for athletics when you yourself do not hold the Coaches to higher standards.

I was wondering who would post this. My thought exactly.

I am very happy for the win. I am excited we overcame some adversity to win.

10 years from now, I will not be pointing to this game and say it was one of the greatest games in NT history.

The game itself was sloppy and poorly played by both teams. UNT defense played pretty well but slipped in the clutch. The offense was adequate at best. Watching all the play calling, missed FGs and just plane missed opportunities in the overtimes was excruciatingly painful.

user posted image

"WORST...GAME...EVER. I will only watch it 3 more times...today.

I was wondering who would post this. My thought exactly.

I am very happy for the win. I am excited we overcame some adversity to win.

10 years from now, I will not be pointing to this game and say it was one of the greatest games in NT history.

The game itself was sloppy and poorly played by both teams. UNT defense played pretty well but slipped in the clutch. The offense was adequate at best. Watching all the play calling, missed FGs and just plane missed opportunities in the overtimes was excruciatingly painful.

user posted image

"WORST...GAME...EVER. I will only watch it 3 more times...today.

You seriously would watch that game 3 more times?

Last night was a case of two coaching staff playing “not to lose”.  It was a gutsy performance by the players to going for so long.

The thing that worries me is that so many in the Mean Green world have low expectations and will settle for any “ray of light”. Now somehow we will squeak through the worst D1 conference and the calls will be there that DD deserves one more chance. I will say this for those of you who see through green glasses when it comes to DD – I may not agree with your view but I respect your right to support who you want to, BUT please do not gripe about the Administration or BOR support, or lack of support for athletics when you yourself do not hold the Coaches to higher standards.

Please point out to me the "many in the Mean Green world" who "have low expectations and will settle for any ray of light". Who are these people? Pleast point them out? What indicates this is the case for "so many?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Please point out to me the "many in the Mean Green world" who "have low expectations and will settle for any ray of light". Who are these people? Pleast point them out? What indicates this is the case for "so many?

I second this opinion...you will be hard pressed to find people on this board that don't hold their coaches to high standards.

That is why you find the large majority calling for the guy's head.