WHAT'S THERE TO SAY?

IslandEagle

That hasn't already been said. Granted Tulsa may have a pretty decent defense and granted it was their homecoming, but the offense stunk it up last night and a large part of that has to do with totally unimaginative play-calling by either Ramon or Dickey. What were they thinking? Hopefully, they will look carefully in the mirror when assessing this game. True, the OL may be sub-par, but if that were the only problem, I could deal with that. But, when they depart from a game-plan that opened up things against SMU and revert to one that made the final outcome inevitable, then I can't buy that.

On the other hand, I am pleased with the defense overall. Especially considering that it is a unit that will only get better as the season progresses. But, it isn't going to be so good that we can afford to ride on it. We have to improve at offense and a large part of that improvement will have to come from a more open offense.

OK. I got that off my chest. I will support the team, the school and even the coaches through the season, but I will be very disappointed if we don't show some major improvement in offensive schemes. SMU proved it is possible. Maybe Flanigan or Dickey need to relook at the SMU game and see what got them that victory.

Maybe Flanigan or Dickey need to relook at the SMU game and see what got them that victory.

I am just shooting spitballs, but maybe they allowed Woody a little more reign last weekend against SMU, and then decided they wanted to win their way. Ego-trip maybe? Let Woody freelance a little instead of shoving it up the gut 70% of the time which will not win.

To bad there are no live unedited Coaches Shows.

I listened to about 20 minutes of the game until I just got so pissed off that we were running it up the gut over and over and over and over and over.

Let Woody do his thing. Let MaJario (that's for Dearing) do his thing. Let Ramon have a nice swift kick in the ass out the door.

I've not given up on Dickey completely, but he and RV need to let Ramon go.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I listened to about 20 minutes of the game until I just got so pissed off that we were running it up the gut over and over and over and over and over.

Let Woody do his thing.  Let MaJario (that's for Dearing) do his thing.  Let Ramon have a nice swift kick in the ass out the door.

I agree with you about turning Woody and Jamario loose and showing Ramon the door but I don't believe that would solve the problem. I believe that Ramon is mainly doing Dickey's bidding. Flanagan calls the plays that were pre=approved by Coach Dickey. That is what the majority of this board recognize as Dickeyball.

So even if you could find a great OC is there any assurance that he would be allowed to call the plays that suit the personnel? If it were ever going to happen it should have happened at the end of last year and I would have gladly tolerated seeing if it would work but now there'd be another year lost if it didn't. . Personally, I don't think that you'd see a change.

Let Woody do his thing.  Let MaJario (that's for Dearing) do his thing.  Let Ramon have a nice swift kick in the ass out the door.

good ole MaJario......

How can Ramon be blamed 100% for this loss? I don't fully buy that, seeing the type of offense he ran as a QB in college.

This is DD all the way, IMO. Ramon is just doing his job. Firing him and getting a new OC would do little for ofensive changes.

The head coach can always overide the play calling and as any boss he is the one who has to be held accountable for failure. If Ramon is teh problem Dickey should fix it. If he is not then it has to be Dickey.

When something does not work you change what you do. If the OL can not open holes you do not have the RB's run up the middle. Go around or pass over the rushers.

I will continue to attend the games and support the team and my school.