DMN game stats

OldTimer

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...px?GAMEID=14260

NT got only 6 first downs the entire game

31 rushes for only 27 yds

6 penalties for 45 yds

Passing: Woody 4 of 5 for 37 yds with 1 interception

Meager 2 of 6 for 25 yds with 1 interception

Entire offense stinks, Tulsa went for it on 4 down all through the game and usually made the first down. Tulsa used a quick kick to pin NT deep in NT territory..same as they did last year. sad.gif

Dickey (RF) reverted to his traditional play calling...didn't use passes and end sweeps to spread the defense. almost every series NT rant into the middle of the line for 2 to 3 yards the first 2 downs of the seriess.

All I can say is that I am DISAPPOINTED with the coaching performance of Darrell "keep 8 in the Box" Dickey.

IMHO I thought he and RF learned something from the SMU game but did not carry over to the Tulsa game.

Is this the second game where Darrell "keep 8 in the Box" Dickey produced less than 100 yards of TOTAL OFFENSE this year???

You think Akron knows how to play "8 in the Box?"

You think Akron will be ready for:

1st down: slant left or right off tackle.

3rd and 5 yards through 10 yards......DRAW PLAY.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...px?GAMEID=14260

Passing:  Woody 4 of 5 for 37 yds with 1 interception

Meager 2 of 6 for 25 yds with 1 interception

I really do not understand the decision to bring DM in. I don't have anything against Meager, I'm saying it was an extremely poor coaching decision.

Game situation: Start of 4th quarter, down 21 -3. Things are not looking great, but technically we are not out of the game yet. Little did we (the fans) know that as far as the coaching staff was concerned we were. A quick score, a turnover...anything to breath a little life back into the game and things *may* have gotten little exciting at the end. So what do the coaches do? They yank Wilson and bring in Meager. Was there some mysterious "injury" to Wilson that we don't know about?

Meager has already had one (or two?) serious concussions during fall practice. Has not worked much with the team and had not taken a snap in the previous two games. Did the coaching staff really, I mean really and truly, think that Danny was going to step in and lead us to 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter? Let's be honest now.

It didn't look like that to me. It looked like they said, "well, it's the 4th quarter, we're down 3 scores, let's go ahead and get Danny some snaps and get on back down to Denton." It basically became a scrimmage. There was no real evidence of picking up the pace, going into a no huddle offense or doing anything different than what we had already done. For all intents and purposes, the coaches packed it in.

Again, don't take this is DM bashing. I think the coaches put him in a horrible situation, but at that point they were already looking at their watches anyway.

Keith