Texas getting BCS notice via NT

UNT_playmaker

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Einstein, no wonder UT didn't take you.

I said I originally made a general statement.  You quoted a later post (after you had defend yourself).

And I never said I wasn't hostile.

Now go get ready for "your" big game this week on a UT board or something.

i was the only person who said they were a "a fan of a school they have nothing to do with." so was i wrong in assuming you were referring to me?

There was no doubt about your answer. 

If we can find someone to fund your way out of town..........would you go?

wow...what is y'all's problem? haha, crap! i only posted b/c i thought the topic starter was being pretty rude by calling Mack Brown a prick lol! i admit i said some rude things myself (i called him clueless, crazy, irrational, etc.) and i apologized for it. so can't we just call a truce and agree to disagree?

Oh my god, I'm going to be the first to apologize about calling him a prick, there!!!! I'm never taking back what I said about him being a points whore against a tired team and used that not for the good of the team but to tell others that hey we are still good without Vince Young.

This thread is completely ridiculous now.....and needs to end.....

Okay juevo, you went to UNT, congrats on attending a school that is an exceptional school of higher learning.... I hope you can join us all on Saturday September 9 to watch us seek unrelentless revenge on those jackass's I mean mustangs of SMU.....

If you are still a UNT fan, alumni, or are intersted in a rivalry football matchup then I highly suggested you come by, enjoy tailgating, BBQ and hopefully make some new UNT friends....

Other than that, please lets talk about some SMU

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by UNT_playmaker

wow...what is y'all's problem?  haha, crap!  i only posted b/c i thought the topic starter was being pretty rude by calling Mack Brown a prick lol!  i admit i said some rude things myself (i called him clueless, crazy, irrational, etc.) and i apologized for it.  so can't we just call a truce and agree to disagree?

So are you still at UNT and are you a Mean Green Fan?

Oh my god, this thread is completely ridiculous now.....and needs to end.....

Okay juevo, you went to UNT, congrats on attending a school that is an exceptional school of higher learning.... I hope you can join us all on Saturday September 9 to watch us seek unrelentless revenge on those jackass's I mean mustangs of SMU.....

If you are still a UNT fan, alumni, or are intersted in a rivalry football matchup then I highly suggested you come by, enjoy tailgating, BBQ and hopefully make some new UNT friends....

Other than that, please lets talk about some SMU

GO MEAN GREEN

i really do appreciate the civil reply. and i will definitely be at the tailgate on saturday. i always go.

and since you're back i wanna personally say sry for calling u crazy/clueless/irrational in my first post. i should've taken my own advice and respected your opinion smile.gif

edit: i dont wanna double-post (again) lol, but yes, king, i am a fan of UNT football and the athletic program in general

Edited by JuEv0splash

wow...what is y'all's problem?  haha, crap!  i only posted b/c i thought the topic starter was being pretty rude by calling Mack Brown a prick lol!  i admit i said some rude things myself (i called him clueless, crazy, irrational, etc.) and i apologized for it.  so can't we just call a truce and agree to disagree?

Your type is a large reason why this school struggles like it does....Why UT nearly made as much off of merchandise sales as NT's entire athletic budget (8mil vs 13 mil).

Why is it that you have zero pride in your school? Is it just a lack of self esteem that makes you have to just root for a good team over your own school? I know, I know..........your family has rooted for them. Ever wonder why Baylor doesn't have these rabid fans that didn't graduate from there? I don't. It is because it is a much simpler path to just root for who is successful. When you go into work the next day, you can just high five the real UT grads instead of ridicule for your NT team losing big. That is easier right?

Come out to the SMU game........wear you a green North Texas shirt (you know you've got one). Bring a girl and try to have some fun. You might just realize the college experience you have been robbed of.

Shit I didnt know that you said that about me to begin with, I thought you directed that towards Mack Brown....Im right about what I said, if I wasnt than this thread wouldnt be the most replied and viewed thread of the weekend....Everyone say what he did, Texas doesnt go for it on 4th downs 3 times in a game, and does trick plays, and has starters in the 4th Quarter, if they are ahead....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

You should have taken your own advice and not call people out, which you have been harrassing at out greeners for doing towards you...I say that UT did this, IT IS A FACT, your first reply is this board is anti-UT, and also that im irrational for saying it, IT IS A BLOODY FACT THAT THEY RAN UP THE SCORE....INTENTIONALLY

It's not the first I was called clueless on this board, and by a fellow Mean Greener, you know who you guys are..... dry.gif

We need all the Mean Green fans we can get and I appreciate you coming to this super important game

Edited by UNT_playmaker

Your type is a large reason why this school struggles like it does....Why UT nearly made as much off of merchandise sales as NT's entire athletic budget (8mil vs 13 mil). 

Why is it that you have zero pride in your school?  Is it just a lack of self esteem that makes you have to just root for a good team over your own school?  I know, I know..........your family has rooted for them.  Ever wonder why Baylor doesn't have these rabid fans that didn't graduate from there?  I don't.  It is because it is a much simpler path to just root for who is successful.  When you go into work the next day, you can just high five the real UT grads instead of ridicule for your NT team losing big.  That is easier right?

Come out to the SMU game........wear you a green North Texas shirt (you know you've got one).  Bring a girl and try to have some fun.  You might just realize the college experience you have been robbed of.

i was very proud of how wilson took the ball down the field on UT's "D" in the 3rd quarter. i was also proud of johnny quinn for playing w/ a broken hand and still having his usual sure hands. you're assuming quite a lot by saying i have zero pride in the Mean Green. its possible to be a fan of two schools, even when those two schools play each other.

haha i like that group...i will say i never wore UT gear around campus though, that is taking it too far. actually at this point i'm pretty sure i have more Mean Green apparel than anything else

Well, the fact that you realize that is taking it too far makes me have more respect for you.

Glad to see you changed your avatar..............but that logo blows goats IMO. Please don't take that as a shot at you.........just the circle star logo.

Edited by Zeke

Did the UT posters in this thread graduate from UT? If so, continue on.............your team is very good.

Yes, I graduated from UT. biggrin.gif. I'm a proud 3rd Generation Orangeblood. biggrin.gif I think that our team has the potential to be very good. We'll find out later this week where we stand on the national scence.

As far as the initial post is concerned, Mack did not try to run up the score(and if you ever read my posts on LHFZ,I am hardly known as a Mack Brown apologist). As stated before, the fake punt happened right after UNT scored on a very nice drive to start out the Second Half. At that juncture of the game, running a fake punt is NOT running up the score. It was a case of trying to put an opponent away for good especially given the suffocating heat everyone had to endure last Saturday. Why prolong the game any longer than necessary??? We weren't trying to throw deep passes in the endzone at the end of the game and I'm sorry some of you feel like we were trying to embarrass your team. sad.gif

Good Luck to the Mean Green this coming season!!! I think that y'all will be a factor in the Sun Belt again this year. Also,good luck against the Ponies...I hope you kick their little blue blooded banny butts all over Fouts Field. biggrin.gif

Hook 'Em Horns and Go Mean Green!!!

thanks RC. I don't think UT played up the score. I also think that going for the fake punt, Mac wanted to put us away. That is good coaching!

As far as the other guy on here who went to UNT but likes UT that is great. We would like to invite you to come to some games. Just remember that 20,40, or 60 yrs down the road, you can say you cheered for UNT back when they were actually losing to teams like UT.

I am proud of my college ,but my dad is an SMU alumni and I cheer for them everytime they play! Because I respect my Dad's team and have grown up watching them and saw my father almost cry when the "death penalty" came down.

But this week I hope we put it on those Ponies and push them into the ground!!! I want MY school to win!

I hope you can see where UNT is on the rise. Follow UT but don't every forget your roots. UNT is where you made your bones!!!

i just wanted to clear something up by saying im not a fair-weather or bandwagon fan. i didnt become a fan of the horns when VY got there, i cheered for UT when they were getting hammered by UCLA and K-state, and having 4-7 seasons (1997). the same is tru for NT though. i attend every home game i can, so i'd never forget about UNT: fry st., the horrible parking, etc. laugh.gif

Edited by JuEv0splash