MTSU 7, FIU 6 --Final

Baby Arm!

Dude, if you pull in 20K - on a WEEKNIGHT - on a holiday weekend where people are going out of town - on the first weekend of DOVE season in the SOUTH - then you are having a GREAT NIGHT... If you do it against a team like FIU, you are having a FANTASTIC night. Congrats on the attendance. Congrats on the win (the curse is broke, eh?), and good luck this season...

Dude, if you pull in 20K - on a WEEKNIGHT - on a holiday weekend where people are going out of town - on the first weekend of DOVE season in the SOUTH - then you are having a GREAT NIGHT...  If you do it against a team like FIU, you are having a FANTASTIC night.  Congrats on the attendance.  Congrats on the win (the curse is broke, eh?), and good luck this season...

I would take that attendance right now for our game with FIU and it's homecoming. Ditto for Stebo's comments ---fantastic draw all considered!!

I think the MTSU fans were looking to see how good the new coach is.

That and the new field turf and new uniforms.

Still, the last home opener on a Thursday drew 24K just three years ago for FAU. I don't think the damage our program suffered last four losing seasons (and losing 4 home games last season) under mccollum can be over-stated. IMHO, teams in the sun belt can't afford to give contract extensions to underperforming coaches on the heels of two straight losing seasons. All we got for doing that with mccollum was two more losing seasons and MT is still on the hook for mccollum's salary through the middle of 2007.

I like Coach Stockstill. I think he's a straight shooter, with as little ego as you'll find from a 1A coach and he's focused on building the program the right way. Hopefully he'll be successful.