Life is precious

Guest JohnDenver

Guest JohnDenver

UNT and USM lost a good man last week. I am sorry that I didn't post it last week, but it was so unexpected and sudden.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/apps/pb...=73248180182168

Some of you had met him over the past few years. He was an Eagle Club member for Southern Miss and a season ticket holder at UNT.

His two son in laws, one daughter and both sons graduated from UNT. His other daughter (Jenny) is the the main person I have my tailgating set up with. SE and FFR will attest to her tailgating ability! You will remember Mike as being the opinionated, intelligent sports fan. He always sported headphones, binoculars and his stadium seat. He came to almost every game at Fouts, unless it interfered with his plans to drive to Hattiesburg to see USM play... He NEVER missed a home game at The Rock. He was especially thrilled when Southern Miss and UNT faced off at the New Orleans Bowl. It really was a family occassion and he was gracious in victory.

He will be missed by all his family and friends. I, for one, will miss him at the games... I always looked forward to his conversation. He could (and would) talk to anyone about anything. He really was one of the most informed persons I have ever met.

It is sad to think that his account at GMG will forever say he is offline:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1548

Anteater203 was the name of his helicopter unit in Vietnam. I only learned that by looking at photos at his visitation Friday night.

There is a thread over on EagleTalk.net about his funeral.. on the third page (or so) there is an original thread about him.

So there you have it, life is precious... Keep that in mind. I can't wait for football season to start up, but it will be a little more empty on game day.

I talk to Cliff (son in law) and Jenny (daughter) almost every day... Mike was very much a part of conversation during the week. Those conversations will seem a little more empty as well.

Jenny posts on here as MeanGreenBean: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1951

Mike's other son in law (EJ) and I were talking about going to the ULALA game on November 11th and going to the USM v. Tulane game in New Orleans to "do it up right" for Mike. I went to the Swamp a couple years back for the game ... I think I will fly this time. That drive is terrible.

user posted image