Jamario top 100 heisman candidate

CFN

He makes #76 on the list.  We all know that a Heisman for a Sunbelt player would be a pipe dream...but it's cool to see him get some more national recognition/coverage.  Plus, he's ahead of some pretty good players on that list.

just for the sake of pure conjecture... how many yards and TDs would he have to put up to get consideration?

It'd have to be obscene PS2 numbers. I'm guessing like 3,000 and 40. Or if he were to chump up UT, SMU, and Tulsa. Say 250 yards an outing or something.

just for the sake of pure conjecture... how many yards and TDs would he have to put up to get consideration?

It'd have to be obscene PS2 numbers.  I'm guessing like 3,000 and 40.  Or if he were to chump up UT, SMU, and Tulsa.  Say 250 yards an outing or something.

Here's what I think would do it

>= 2700 total rushing yards

> 12 yards per carry average

> 4 TD per game average (and at least 4 TDs against UT, SMU and LT)

>= 500 recieving yards

Unbeaten 11-0 record for UNT*

* Only exception would be against UT. We could still lose that game but he would still be required to have at least 4 TD runs and over 250 yards rushing. Because I mean hell he had 250 vs. Colorado and not a sniff of hiesman.

By the way, these are conservative numbers. It would be much better if he had a 300+ rushing average and 5 or 6+ TD average vs. Sunbelt. I don't think that could be ignored. Even with all of this I'd say that only gets him into top five and he would probably lose.

It'd have to be obscene PS2 numbers.  I'm guessing like 3,000 and 40.  Or if he were to chump up UT, SMU, and Tulsa.  Say 250 yards an outing or something.

I think the only way Jamario gets any serious consideration is if this happens:

1. NT defeats UT

2. NT goes 10-2

And for him to win:

NT goes undefeated.

ph34r.gif

The last 3 mid major players to be considered in the top 5 of the Heisman Race(A. Smith, Tomlinson, and Moss) all played on undefeated or one-loss teams. So pretty much a team has to go undefeated and a player has to have a unbelievable year to get consideration for the Heisman at a mid major school.

Edited by NTEagle08

i'm just glad he was put ahead of that chump stephen mcgee from a&m

Yeah, thank God.

Why honor a player who can rush for 100 yards against Texas when you can honor a guy Jamario?