More BCS 'Reorganization' Info

LongJim

When it goes to convervative family values ..I am now lost, Rush is supposedly unltra-conservative and has been married 3-4 times and Newt Gingrich  has destroyed  at two mariages with his infdelities  He continues to marry his younger and younger secretaries.  Is that considered conservative?... and they even support the admistration that has doubled the National debt.... To me They seem to be liberals when it comes to family values....The VP and Newt have family members that are gay and activists.. Kerry, Gore and Clinton doesn't.....It is confusing what conservative and liberal means.  Does being married once and not chasing shirts mean that I am a liberal morally?

Let me know when you figure out why those guys are considered conversatives... .and it seems the last post thinks I am a a liberal..... I guess it is because I think all people should be treated fairly.... You got me...  Maybe it is because my family has a lot of  math/science/engineering type degrees... we change the world so I guess we aren't conservative.

FYI, conservatives are not happy with Newt, Bush, and company. See recent Bush approval ratgings! Many conservatives believe that we have been swindled by Bush and co. on many important issues. For you to use Bush, Newt, Rush and other Bushbots as examples of conservatives is intellectually dishonest. No one on this board is holding them out to be conservative so why should you? For conservatives, this is not a confusing issue. Just because they have an R next to their name doesn't mean they are conservative. See Lincoln Chaffee / John McCain.

As far as the gay comments, would you like to be personally held accountable for all the actions of your children? This is stupid; I wouldn't want my parents to be held accountable for my actions. Just because their children chose alternative lifestyles doesn't mean their parents support the lifestyle!

This thread has been Hijacked by political conversation. If I wanted to read about our moron president and his crooked cronies and the idiot democrats I woul go to a political message board.

The reason I look at this board is for info on Mean Green Athletics.

This thread has been Hijacked by political conversation. If I wanted to read about our moron president and his crooked cronies and the idiot democrats I woul go to a political message board. 

The reason I look at this board is for info on Mean Green Athletics.

Me too. But this is May and June. There are no games, no recruiting, no NFL drafts, schedules are set, no spring games... ie. not much football going on. We can only talk about the QBs or Cobbs so much. Things are so dead there is even a thread about a Pecan tree in Weatherford... no objections??? ...LOL

What started this, my one little comment about Notre Dame football and their TV contract:

--"Not much fair about NCAA football. The rich get richer... sort of like some of these tax-cut programs. "--

---Then the "think they are rich people" got bent out of shape. If you have $10 million then maybe you are rich, lots of folks can find one million nowdays, no big deal). meanwhile the State of Texas continues to reduce educational funding and allows tuition to increase. Texas is the ONLY state to cut educational funding the past few years. We are now 50th in many areas, embarassing. Meanwhile the legislature in Austin been spending more energy trying to increase their party's power (gerrymandering for Delay) and increasing their donors (and personal) wealth than serving the state of Texas.

--A small part of my income comes from being in college education....and I see what is happening to public education and colleges... The legislature approved a NT law school and then did not fund it. There is a completely finished pharmacy school at UTEP but no funds to operate it. This is not football but it is about education and public funding which is what the primary purpose of North Texas is. Schools need money to operate, and teachers/profs. do require a salery. Instead the state and national government is concentrating on nutty tests which looks good in the media but not in practice. Tax money is what supports colleges and schools so when every tax reduction comes, education is the first to take a hit. My biggest complaint has been who usually gets cuts--usually the people who really don't need one anyway, the Ross Perot types with millions of dollars of real estate and other income. Increased sales tax will not really effect him much but it will the average person. Everyone benefits from a well-educated country.... if you don't think so-- try moving to Mexico or Somalia.

One of the things I do is teach......but really the big thing I try to do is GET PEOPLE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES and don't just take what they hear on radio or TV as the absolute truth!!!! Maybe I accomplished a little of that here.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

What started this, my one little comment about Notre Dame football and their TV contract: 

--"Not much fair about NCAA football. The rich get richer... sort of like some of these tax-cut programs. "--

Or, you could have left the snide political comment out, which you KNEW would get a reaction and intentionally put in there to get one.

One of the things I do is teach......but really the big thing I try to do is GET PEOPLE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES and don't just take what they hear on radio or TV as the absolute truth!!!!    Maybe I accomplished a little of that here.

And please... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try and make it out like you had some high-minded cause in this. You just wanted to engage in a juvenile argument, not teach people to think for themselves.

In the end, I agree with GreenBat. The difference between a thread about a tree and a thread about politics is that politics (or religion) are bad mojo and an invitation for flame wars. You know it, I know it, the admins know it.

Or, you could have left the snide political comment out, which you KNEW would get a reaction and intentionally put in there to get one. 

And please... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try and make it out like you had some high-minded cause in this.  You just wanted to engage in a juvenile argument, not teach people to think for themselves.

In the end, I agree with GreenBat.  The difference between a thread about a tree and a thread about politics is that politics (or religion) are bad mojo and an invitation for flame wars.  You know it, I know it, the admins know it.

Nothing juvenile about schools and colleges being underfunded and tuition climbing rapidly. Since the legislature is in session it seems relevent to NT.

Nothing juvenile about entering a war without good intelligence (or none apparently, CIA claims that had none on WMD) or without good reason (name one terrorist act by Iraq committed against us, Al-Queda is not Iraq) .. Americans have DIED as a result of this war.

Nothing juvenile about people making claims that aren't true and the gullible believing everything others say. Colleges (I work at one) and mainstream media are getting tired of being called liberal pagans just because they question false claims and report facts that some really don't want reported. These are two of the most informed groups in America and check facts and question statements that are not true which irritates some people.

Yes I do want people to THINK about what they hear then look at what is really happening..... conservative doesn't mean doubling the national debt. The claims and reality are quite different. I want honest people in office who do what is right, and not what just benefits them, and I don't care what party.

Some college "boards" have a non athletic thread, ours doesn't. Got any good football topics in May?? --One maybe, Texas lost an RB today in a drug arrest. We can't discuss eligibility failures since that is forbidden by privacy laws.

Some college "boards" have a non athletic thread, ours doesn't.  Got any good football topics in May?? --One maybe, Texas lost an RB today in a drug arrest.  We can't discuss eligibility failures since that is forbidden by privacy laws.

I guess computer mice and monitors work differently when you are using them while mounted on a high horse.

Check these links:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...=0entry211942

cool.gif

I guess computer mice and monitors work differently when you are using them while mounted on a high horse.

Check these links:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...=0entry211942

cool.gif

Mine says: .... "Non-UNT" Sports.... not .... "Non Sports" .... ie. still sports.

I see the Tex. Senate is shipping money for academic buildings toward UNT...(another football thread) ...Lets us hope the House will agree and Gov. too. But still no Law School funding it appears.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66