UT Players to transfer

good_ken

I recently saw that a soph DB from Ok. St., started 9 games this year, is planning on transferring as well.

I can only recall 3 transfers recently. QB Lee Culpepper, the OL fron Abeline Christian, and Beau Davidson. Depending on the reason for the kid leaving I'm in favor of DD trying to get one here and there.

I think that the tranfer rule was meant more so that a player doing good at a lower D-1 school couldnt have a good year somewhere and then transfer to a UT or OU. It would be like playing in the minors and then calling yourself up when ready. Although it has hurt the lower D-1 schools also.

I think that the tranfer rule was meant more so that a player doing good at a lower D-1 school couldnt have a good year somewhere and then transfer to a UT or OU. It would be like playing in the minors and then calling yourself up when ready. Although it has hurt the lower D-1 schools also.

It has to be that way unless they make some kind of one way rule that only players from top fifty ranked schools can move to 51-119 ranked teams and only if they did not start any games that season.

I still think the staff needs to give some of these 3 and 4-star players a look. You never know who'll like the atmosphere out here.

Seems to work for JJ.....just look at what he is bringing in from Arkansas and Arizona State!!!.....works for Okie State too....they thrive on transfers!!

DD needs to go after any "class" D-1A transfer he can get his hands on....especially NOW!! To ignore this talent is slapping us in the face. I do not believe that DD used all his scholarships last year or the year before. If UNT could become a repository for some of this BCS talent that wants more playing time then UNT has improved its chances on the OOC circuit. If DD refuses to consider ACTIVELY pursuing this talent then RV then, as the Romans used to say, "I have crossed the Rubicon and the die has been cast."

DD needs to grab some star guys for the O/D lines. After looking back at some of our SBC games, the game would have been won had the D been a hair stronger. A lot of games in conference were lost by less than 10 points. A stronger defense and an offense that could at least make a drive last 3 or 4 plays longer (even it results in a punt) would give the D time to rest.