the tortilla guards

j0nat8an

i had the security try to throw me out 3 different times tonight for throwing tortillas that i didn't even throw! when people would throw tortillas, i would stare down the security guard on the field and then pump my hands as if i were throwing them. he would then call his buddies and they would question me. for a good portion of the 4th quarter i had three guards within 10 ft of me! i guess it didn't help that my brother told one of them that he saw me throwing them. anyways, even in the loss, the game tonight was so much more fun.

congrats to pc

it doesnt matter either way...the way these rent a guards are acting is absurd...

One of them said to a FIRST TIME FAN...and I will censore it...

"You Better get your F$$$$$$ SH@# together or your A$$ will be removed in F#@### cuffs"

Tortillas...at least in the student section...made the games ALOT more fun....with the damn nazis down there...it isn't fun at all!

As I said in a different post. Those ass clowns ARE NOT SECURITY. They continuosly make empty threats like that one above. You cannot make a comment like that without having reason to, and stating said reason. I may just take my handcuffs to the next game, and if one of them says that to me, reply, "your cuffs or mine buddy?"

I have a rather revolutionary idea to the "tortilla nazi" problem. It's such a simple concept it's almost amazing. Ready....? It's the concept of not drawing attention to yourself. ohmy.gif

Think about it. Chances are that those who don't throw tortillas or elsewise act stupid won't draw attention to themselves.

Guest JohnDenver

I have a rather revolutionary idea to the "tortilla nazi" problem. It's such a simple concept it's almost amazing. Ready....? It's the concept of not drawing attention to yourself.  ohmy.gif 

Think about it. Chances are that those who don't throw tortillas or elsewise act stupid won't draw attention to themselves.

Who would think that FANS (fanatics) would love to sit at a game and not draw attention.

Sit on their hands.

Not yell at the top of their lungs at disgust at the officials non-call on the fask mask.

Not yell for the defense to stop the opponent.

Not jump in the air and high five the whole row when Cobbs bust off a 60 yard TD run.

Just imagine. Amazing concept.

How dare these types of FANS.

user posted image

Edited by JohnDenver

Quite frankly John, it is truly difficult for me to believe you do not understand what I meant. However, it has occurred to me there are those on this board who do need it spelled out for them as they might not understand the concept of "context."

Very specifically, I mean the kind of behavior that is likely to draw the attention of police, security, Mr. Clean, Barney Fife, or anyother such "undesirable" in the first place. I mean the kind of behavior that would make these people inclined to show you the door. From here, you'll just have to use your best judgement.

Quite frankly John, it is truly difficult for me to believe you do not understand what I meant. However, it has occurred to me there are those on this board who do need it spelled out for them as they might not understand the concept of "context."

Very specifically, I mean the kind of behavior that is likely to draw the attention of police, security, Mr. Clean, Barney Fife, or anyother such "undesirable" in the first place. I mean the kind of behavior that would make these people inclined to show you the door. From here, you'll just have to use your best judgement.

With all due respect, you don't seem to understand that North Texas football games are for the "fans" and "alumni" of the school....not CSC....or any other "hired staff" for that matter.

If tortilla throwing helps get the fans fired up, then it's a small price to pay. I can't speak for you, but I don't show up to games and worry about what CSC thinks.

I've spent too many years sitting on the almuni side and being around people who think that polite "tennis applause" is the most appropriate display of outward emotion.

We are developing a rowdy group of fans on the alumni side (as opposed to the "sitting-upright-but-dead-group that we used to have), and I for one am NOT in favor of ever going back to what we had before.

BTW, IMHO, CSC is a waste of athletic dept money.

With all due respect, you don't seem to understand that North Texas football games are for the "fans" and "alumni" of the school....not CSC....or any other "hired staff" for that matter.

If tortilla throwing helps get the fans fired up, then it's a small price to pay. I can't speak for you, but I don't show up to games and worry about what CSC thinks.

I've spent too many years sitting on the almuni side and being around people who think that polite "tennis applause" is the most  appropriate display of outward emotion.

We are developing a rowdy group of fans on the alumni side (as opposed to the "sitting-upright-but-dead-group that we used to have), and I for one am NOT in favor of ever going back to what we had before.

BTW, IMHO, CSC is a waste of athletic dept money.

Well said silver,

I hated the "tennis applause" may it rest in peace.

SilverEagle, I as a fan, alum, seaon ticket holder, and one who loves to shout (coach), etc. was diappointed that people lost sight of why we were there. I came to watch a football gane, hollar encouragement to our team, and get on the refs when appropriate.

Watching to groups disappoited me. The group, half of which set with the backs to the field and visited - some were family members of a player. Others who spent the second half (after the FFR affair) gossiping and visiting around the stadium rather than supporting the team.

The FFR affair was disgraceful. Rick is as devoted a fan as ther is. He is always there ready to do anything to support our alma mater. This was handled in a tastless game-disrupting manner.

The RF affair is a different story. We are all - fans, coaches, and I hope players - are dissappointed in this years results. When you are in the coaching business you have to better ready for criticism. Just pretend you do not hear it, walk on down to the field, and do your job.

But this is North Texas, where very few of the employees of the Athletic Department DO there job.

Why should we expect our OC to have any discipline, when the OLine has none!