In The Eyes Of Others

MeanGreen61

Paragraph from a post on the Arkansas State board.

"UNT always looks beatable early on against non SBC schools---then thy beat us like we stole their bikes when we were kids. They are the schoolground bully, except they back it up---we have beaten noone of consequence this season so far. Until we back it up on the field, UNT is light years ahead of us".

We may still beat them. Maybe. I love the team, and will be at every home game, but I'm worried about future wins because of the QB.

AND

Speaking of how others see us, what about Hayden Fry? How does he see it? If I were a player, or a coach...heck, a waterboy, I'd try to make the game as great as possible for someone who's had such an impact at this school.

We may still beat them. Maybe. I love the team, and will be at every home game, but I'm worried about future wins because of the QB.

Well, this was my first chance to see Meager in person. While his pass to Brock Stickler was right on target (too bad he couldn't catch it), I certainly don't want to hear any more of this talk about how Meager is improving because he had a few passes dropped. For every dropped pass he threw 3-4 passes behind the receivers. It's no wonder they drop them...they're probably so surprised that they actually have a chance to catch a pass without having to reach backwards. And who in the hell was that last pick intended for?? I saw at least three white jerseys and zero green within 15 yards of that pass.

Last week during the coach's show, DD said that he would continue to utilize Phillips...what happened to make him change his mind??

Meager looked good on the last drive, but that was too little, too late and his accuracy is simply atrocious...especially when he rolls out of the pocket. How many out routes did he bounce off the turf 5 yards in front of the receiver??

And who in the hell was that last pick intended for??Ā  I saw at least three white jerseys and zero green within 15 yards of that pass.

It was a pump-and-go for Quinn and thrown to a spot Quinn was to be at but he got bumped and held up and couldn't get downfield. I saw Meager walk mad off the field, pointing to his wristband playlist and talking to a coach on the sideline as if saying he threw it where he should have. Quinn also went and talked to the coach to explain how he got knocked off the route. It just didn't work, as many in that game.

It was a pump-and-go for Quinn and thrown to a spot Quinn was to be at but he got bumped and held up and couldn't get downfield.Ā  I saw Meager walk mad off the field, pointing to his wristband playlist and talking to a coach on the sideline as if saying he threw it where he should have.Ā  Quinn also went and talked to the coach to explain how he got knocked off the route.Ā  It just didn't work, as many in that game.

Makes sense...it was impossible for me to see all of that from the NE corner of the endzone (we got there pretty late due to work/traffic). Still, I don't understand why we're attempting timing patterns with an inexperienced QB for anything other than a fly, post or out route. Meager seems to have tunnel vision and doesn't see the field well. He has to recognize if his #1 receiver gets held up and check off to the 2nd or 3rd guy or simply throw it away, rather throw an interception.

Makes sense...it was impossible for me to see all of that from the NE corner of the endzone (we got there pretty late due to work/traffic).Ā  Still, I don't understand why we're attempting timing patterns with an inexperienced QB for anything other than a fly, post or out route.Ā  Meager seems to have tunnel vision and doesn't see the field well.Ā  He has to recognize if his #1 receiver gets held up and check off to the 2nd or 3rd guy or simply throw it away, rather throw an interception.

Agree. I would have liked to have seen Phillips get a few series just to compare how far along he is. QB and OL seem to need the most attention at this point.