K State RB arrested

untbowler

Saw a quick blurb in the DMN that the RB for K State was arrested for running over a parking attendant booting his car. Of course Snyder says he has not decided if he will play or not on Saturday.  rolleyes.gif

The RB leads the nation in Rushing right now.

He could play with handcuffs and leg shackles and still go for 120 on our defense.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/sports/12690061.htm

Discipline likely for Cats' Clayton

BY JEFFREY MARTIN

The Wichita Eagle

Kansas State football coach Bill Snyder said Monday that junior running back Thomas Clayton, who was arrested Friday by university police on a charge of aggravated battery, will have "consequences" to deal with.

Snyder explained he was referring to internal discipline. The coach refused to disclose whether Clayton, who has the nation's top rushing average, will miss any of Saturday's game against North Texas.

Clayton was released from Riley County police custody on $1,000 bond Friday.

K-State police Capt. Richard Herrman refused to comment on specifics of the arrest Monday, saying a report was close to completion. According to various media reports, an employee of the school's parking services made the call Friday morning for a wheel lock to be applied to Clayton's car in an effort to immobilize his vehicle.

Clayton reportedly had various unpaid parking tickets. According to K-State parking official Jeff Barnes, a wheel lock could be ordered if a student has three tickets that have gone unpaid after 14 days or five unpaid tickets, or if a student has parked in a reserved spot or stored a vehicle illegally on campus.

Instead of waiting for the wheel lock, Clayton allegedly pulled away, nearly running into the employee.

He was arrested in the parking lot of the Vanier Football Complex at 3:30 p.m.

Snyder said it's atypical of Clayton, whom he describes as polite and courteous.

"I think we have to let this thing settle down a little bit," Snyder said. "It's not what it appears to be. I'm not in a position to elaborate on that, but I don't think it's quite the issue that it was made out to be initially.

"He didn't purposely do anything other than make a tremendous error in judgment. I think all of that will come front and center here before too long."

Herrman said the report will be sent to the county attorney this morning for review. At that point, a determination will be made whether or not Clayton's actions fall within the criteria of aggravated battery.

Riley County attorney Barry had not reviewed the official police report, but said he would not prosecute someone for aggravated battery if no weapons were used or if a suspect did not use his hands or feet to cause severe injuries.

"There has to be some sort of physical contact for it to be aggravated battery," Wilkerson said.

Clayton is averaging 164.5 yards per game.

They could still get him on assault charges. If the county DA isn't too well paid by KState officials, he or she could even try assault with a deadly weapon.

I think it's rediculous how easily athletes (college and professional) get away with this crap. I won't get on my soap box, but I don't care how good you are. If you're a thug, or even if you just make a really bad decision, you deserve to suffer the consequences. mad.gif

They could still get him on assault charges. If the county DA isn't too well paid by KState officials, he or she could even try assault with a deadly weapon.

I think it's rediculous how easily athletes (college and professional) get away with this crap. I won't get on my soap box, but I don't care how good you are. If you're a thug, or even if you just make a really bad decision, you deserve to suffer the consequences.  mad.gif

We (UNT) have had our players in trouble and they have played. I am not syaing you are not correct but let's remember our backyard has not always been that clean.

I don't like that our backyard isn't clean either. Mostly, I'm frustrated with the growing trend of allowing our athletes to act in any way they see fit, then not suffer the consequences. I promised I wouldn't get on my soap box, but you have to think what this says to young kids. This is a problem in all sports, not just football certainly, and I have a lot of respect for those who do keep their noses clean.