New BBall floor this season?

Eagle-96

"The current plan for athletic facilities is still on track. Liberty Christian is still being bought, the athletic center is now past design development and at the the technical plan stage and new lights and a new basketball court will be in place for the regular season opener"

This is a quote straight from RV on the Football board. Anyone know if there is a change to the BBall floor design and what it will look like?

Julep, Cooley, ANYONE

GMG!!!!

I read into this that they are replacing THE FLOOR. If you didn't know, that floor is the exact original that came with the Super Pit(30 years old?). That's why all the dead spaces you hear the ball hit when the players bring it down court. I think RV and JJ have been trying to get it replaced. Hopefully this is what he meant.

Rick

Rick, that's the way I read it. Perhaps someone like Ken Murphy donated the money for the new floor. I hope they do a great job of decorating it where it looks classy. I didn't much care for how the old one looked. This was unexpected news and just another indication that RV is on the job and working hard to make things better at UNT.

Don't ignore the part about the new lights either.  The new lighting will help a lot during televised games.  The old lights had to get warmed-up before they reached full power.  The new lights will come up a lot quicker allowing for some "special effects" as our players come out on to the floor.

Like what? a strobe effect or something? Yeah, that could work - would could play "enter sandman" by metallica and strobe the whole place. That would rock. LOL!

GMG!