One bright spot...

NTEdgex2

punter Truman Spencer, our adopted player, showed a lot of ability for a Freshman. He will only get better with experience. Also, liked the Green Brigade's new look. I thought they sounded absolutely fantastic last night! You hear them so much better from the Alumni side.

See you at the Troy game.

GMG!

punter Truman Spencer, our adopted player, showed a lot of ability for a Freshman.  He will only get better with experience.  Also, liked the Green Brigade's new look.  I thought they sounded absolutely fantastic last night!  You hear them so much better from the Alumni side.

See you at the Troy game.

GMG!

The uniforms were nice but I thought the Green Brigade Staff polos were awesome.

Too bad the new branding font couldn't have been on the front instead of whatever odd cursive that is. New unis look great regardless.

Also...........is there any doubt now why the new green was switched too. The student side looked GREAT in their new green. It stood out VERY much.

Yes.

Football references: 1

Branding references: 2

Green Brigade references: 6

Keith

THEIR band references: 0

She wanted to compliment the GB's new look. I agreed. I was just wondering where this comment came from:

Oh Gawd, if this turns into our band is better than their band I'm going to puke.

Keith

Edited by Zeke

All I was trying to do was support a player's performance and comment that I enjoyed the band, even though the game was the most disappointing I've seen in years. No ulterior motives! So if you want to puke, go ahead, it won't bother me.

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2

THEIR band references: 0

She wanted to compliment the GB's new look.  I agreed.  I was just wondering where this comment came from:

Look, I'm isolated up here. I fly my NT flag at my house. All my sports-centric neighbors constantly give me the WTF look, especially after games like that.

I've been through the dark days where the only thing people could say was, "the band sounded great!" as if that was the real purpose of the game. I've sat among students who showed up at the beginning of half-time and left at the end of half-time and were only there to listen to something they have heard before.

"The band" is a crutch we always fall back on. I admit I have a problem with that. It's something I'm working on but it will take time ohmy.gif I'm pissed and frustrated and lashing out. Give me some latitude. BTW, I don't think it was your post I was responding to.

Keith

Keith, I mentioned the band, I guess, because I've always had my season tickets on the student side until they made me move this year. I've never seen them perfrom from the front before! Believe me, I'm there to see football, but I enjoy all the aspects of the game.

I understand how you feel. We're all pissed after a loss like the one we just had. Sorry you're alone in enemy territory. At least most of my co-workers don't care about sports and probably don't even know we lost.

GMG!

All my sports-centric neighbors constantly give me the WTF look, especially after games like that.

I've gone through the dark days when I got that same look when I wore a North Texas shirt or hat ON CAMPUS.

Lay off about the Band. They are finally becoming the organization that I've always hoped they would be...........a very musically talented (without peer) spirit organization. In the REALLY DARK DAYS, the band wouldn't take ANY responsibility for promoting spirit. Now they do......and they still sound great.

I've gone through the dark days when I got that same look when I wore a North Texas shirt or hat ON CAMPUS.

Lay off about the Band. They are finally becoming the organization that I've always hoped they would be...........a very musically talented (without peer) spirit organization. In the REALLY DARK DAYS, the band wouldn't take ANY responsibility for promoting spirit. Now they do......and they still sound great.

Technically, Silver, I wasn't saying anything negative about "the Band." On the contrary, I think marching bands are an integral part of the college football game day experience. Nothing better than a game with both bands. I admire their musical talents and their ability to do what that do in uniforms that have to be really, really hot and itchy.

I guess we're all looking for something to take our minds off 54 - 2 and another opportunity squandered.

Keith