Rick V.

ipEAGLE

I tried to enter the stadium at about 5:30 on the Alumni side... after a 20 min wait of barely moving Rick Villareal and some of his crew came over to take tickets and speed up the process.

This got me thinking and I thought to myself "wow, would any other athletic director in a D1 program do this".

Guys we cannot let Rick Villareal slip away...

I tried to enter the stadium at about 5:30 on the Alumni side... after a 20 min wait of barely moving Rick Villareal and some of his crew came over to take tickets and speed up the process.

This got me thinking and I thought to myself "wow, would any other athletic director in a D1 program do this".

Guys we cannot let Rick Villareal slip away...

Those handheld scanners REALLY slow down the lines. Just ripping off the ticket stubs was SO much faster.

Guest JohnDenver

Those handheld scanners REALLY slow down the lines.  Just ripping off the ticket stubs was SO much faster.

I really thinkit is the people scanning the tickets slowing down the line.

A laser beam is faster than a finger any day.

I was stuck in that line. It has snaked around and you could see the front of the line. There was one lady scanning tickets and other guy checking bags. Everyone was asking where the rest of the stadium staff was. RV showed up, opened another gate, and just started checking tickets himself. I caught him at halftime and told him it was appreciated. Make sure you send him an email expressing your appreciation!

It was not only the slow scanning process of one at a time, i.e. the lack of help, but when I went through they were not allowing alum to carry their padded seats in. Later, fans were entering with the padded seats. Perhaps there was so much disention that R.V. changed that too!!

For the next game:

1. Is it the same laborious ticket scanning process of one at a time??

2. Padded seats or no padded seats??

Something has to be done to move the line faster!!

It was not only the slow scanning process of one at a time, i.e. the lack of help, but when I went through they were not allowing alum to carry their padded seats in.  Later, fans were entering with the padded seats.  Perhaps there was so much disention that R.V. changed that too!!

For the next game:

1.  Is it the same laborious ticket scanning process of one at a time??

2.  Padded seats or no padded seats??

Something has to be done to move the line faster!!

Don't worry the line will move much faster at the next game because there won't be a line. I hope everyone took a picture of the crowd last night because it will be years if ever before you see another. !5-20K empty seats on national t.v. will continue the humiliation that athletics now bring with a faculty controlled campus, and just get ready folks we are going to see a new President that is just a puppet with L J pulling his strings.

To quote Lee Corso on ESPN College Football Gameday....."Not so fast, my friend"

When it comes to the product on the field, the head coach has to assume responsibility when things don't work well. Saturday night was a great example. We stunk up the place. Darrell Dickey must assume the responsibility because it is his team. When things don't go well in parking, admission to the stadium, etc it is the athletic director who must shoulder the responsibility and as many have already commented lots of things did not go well on Saturday. It is great when our AD is willing to pitch in and get the lines moving. My question is "why were the lines like that in the first place?" We got to the game later than we usually do and found only one gate open on the press box side. That is rediculous. The scanners ARE slow, but they are the same scanners that were used last year. Did we not learn from those experiences? What was the deal with people not being allowed to bring in their own stadium seats? I head an announcement saying that those people who had their stadium seats confiscated could come pick them up. I have never heard so much grumbling from fans about this type thing in all the years I have attended North Texas football games. In short it sems that RV's "team" performed about as well as the football team on Saturday night. I do agree with the fellow who said that it would not be a problem next time. I am afraid that between the game and the mess to get into the game a lot of our casual fans won't be back again this year. That is a shame....

Only at NT. Praise for the AD for helping kept the lines moving that he created by being totally unprepared. I had a 15 minute wait beginning at 5:20 while one guy scanned tickets, searched hand bags, and agrued with fans upset at not being able to bring chairbacks into the stadium.

RV should get credit for being open to the fans and being willing to get his hands dirty. However, I am little more concerned with the product that was on the field last night.