MGRN<>KAFR 88.3 FM-Houston*KWRD 100.7 FM-DFW *KPXI

PlummMeanGreen

Nice to see the Mean Green Radio Network (M.G.R.N.) adding the great city of Houston to its growing Texas-wide radio network. Wonder which Texas city will be next? smile.gif

** Internet radio for Mean Green football will go thru KWRD and you can access that at: www.thewordfm.com

** For TV broadcast of NT/MT game in DFW>>KFWD Channel 52

** In Denton>>Channel 6

** The Dish subscribers out of the DFW area can call customer service and you would have to out a subcription with ESPN Game Plan to get the NT/MT football game. I have no idea what the cost of that is.

Nice to see the Mean Green Radio Network (M.G.R.N.) adding the great city of Houston to its growing Texas-wide radio network.  Wonder which Texas city will be next? smile.gif

** Internet radio for Mean Green football will go thru KWRD and you can access that at:  www.thewordfm.com

** For TV broadcast of NT/MT game in DFW>>KFWD Channel 52

** In Denton>>Channel 6

** The Dish subscribers out of the DFW area can call customer service and you would have to out a subcription with ESPN Game Plan to get the NT/MT football game.  I have no idea what the cost of that is.

Shameless bump for those in the Houston area who are just now finding out they now have radio coverage for all Mean Green football and basketball games this academic year.

As I understand it, we can all thank the same person President George Herbert Walker Bush thanked last Saturday on CNN, ie, Jim "Mattress Mac" McIngvale, a former Mean Green football player under Coach Hayden Fry. (Presidents Bush and Clinton were thanking him and others on stage with them for their help with all the displaced Americans).

Harry, maybe pinning this for a week or 2 might keep this info in front of those who need to see it?

GMG!

Shameless bump for those in the Houston area who are just now finding out they now have radio coverage for all Mean Green football and basketball games this academic year.

As I understand it, we can all thank the same person President George Herbert Walker Bush thanked last Saturday on CNN, ie, Jim "Mattress Mac" McIngvale, a former Mean Green football player under Coach Hayden Fry.  (Presidents Bush and Clinton were thanking him and others on stage with them for their help with all the displaced Americans).

Harry, maybe pinning this for a week or 2 might keep this info in front of those who need to see it? 

GMG!

Plum, did you just quote yourself? ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Plum, did you just quote yourself?  ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

Is that the same as "being redundant all over again?" (Yogi B.)

smile.gif

GMG!

PS: As one formerly from the greater Houston area, I just cannot contain my excitement on the MGRN adding KAFR 88.3FM to their growing group of Texas radio stations. I am very happy for our Houston alums and fans. (Also, just plain proud of Houston for other things, too). cool.gif

As we used to say down there around Houston Fat Stock Show time each winter: GO TEXAN! (Do they still use that phrase, Houston alums)?

GMG!

Congratulations for what radio coverage? I tried to get 88.3 MeanGreen coverage in Conroe with absolutely no success. IT WAS NOT ON! I did watch the great victory at SRO in Houston, but I wish that the advertised radio debut would have been reality. Was the network expansion just a rumor or will it actually happen someday?

When you say "it was not on", do you mean you couldn't get the station, or that they didn't have the game on? I don't get the station down in Sugar Land, but when I was leaving SRO last night (about an hour after the game ended), I tuned my car radio to 88.3, and the station came in clearly.

It appears that the station is based in Conroe (check out http://www.tvradioworld.com/region1/tx/webcasters.asp?m=hou, but the transmitter may be elsewhere.

When you say "it was not on", do you mean you couldn't get the station, or that they didn't have the game on?  I don't get the station down in Sugar Land, but when I was leaving SRO last night (about an hour after the game ended), I tuned my car radio to 88.3, and the station came in clearly.

It appears that the station is based in Conroe (check out http://www.tvradioworld.com/region1/tx/webcasters.asp?m=hou, but the transmitter may be elsewhere.

Strangely enough, I didn't hear the MGRN guys even mention the Houston radio station which means there must have been a funding glitch (which would be my guess); but this radio station addition to the MGRN was posted on MeanGreenSports.com, the NT Athletic Dept's official website. Lets wait and see if this KAFR 88.3 FM story has a happy ending, though.

At least you guys down in Houston were able to watch the game on TV, which I'd guess would have been the choice for our most ardent NT fans down in Space City, USA, anyway.

GMG!

Hey guys!

This was the only game of the year where 88.3 could not join the MGRN because of a scheduling conflict.  Please don't be alarmed, I'm sorry the game wasn't on yesterday, but the rest on the Mean Green's football and basketball games will be on 88.3.

Good to hear the MGRN's Houston radio affiliate is thumbs up and a green light all the way.

TURN HOUSTON MEAN GREEN!