We're Gonna Turn "Death Valley" into

I can hear the laughter in Baton Rouge now! Unfortunately, you may be so consumesd with your superiority and "amazing" huge talent, you may be overlooking the fact that THE MEAN GREEN is actually planning to suit up and show up for this game. Furthermore, our football team is much better than all you LSU'er think, since our last time down there you beat us 52-0. Good luck on doing that again. I know there will be 92,000 in attendance, I know the sound will be terribly loud and hostile. So the - - - - what!

Just enjoy yourselves and the rest of the season. Come next Sunday, you'll sober up and read-and re-read the sports section in total dis-belief. We are not Troy. This is not last year. We are better than Troy. Much better...and, oh yes...we're starting a freshman quarterback. Lest you forget, we started a freshman 18 year old running back vs Colorado of the Big 12 last fall in front of 80,000 wild Buffalo Fans. Colorado had the #4 rushing defense in the nation when Jamario Thomas broke several tackles and scored on a 57 yard run on his very first carry in college football. He would also score on a 25 yard run in that game and finish with 247 yards and 2 TD's on 30 carries. Super J-Mo would go on to win the National Rushing Championship for 2004! So much for us starting a freshman quarterback. So enjoy the game! Oh,yes- and GO! MEAN GREEN!

the same troy that had a top 10 rush defense last year.  the same troy that beat brad smith and mizzouri...? Much Better?  nah.  good luck though.

Considering a game hasn't been played, there's nothing to say why not.

We've won a bowl game with a freshman that took his first snap in front of 70+ thousand fans. Just like Troy last year, we had a fantastic defense in '02, but after 4 consecutive bowl games, many can make a case that the recruits on the field today are more athletic than what we've had in the past. Who's to say they can't play better than 3 years ago?

Considering our track record against OOC opponents, I'm not holding my breath on this one until we start getting wins again (OOC). But streaks are there to be broken, and how many LSU fans would go home cursing Miles' name if the Mean Green some how pull it off? We've got nothing to lose.

Here's to an injury-free game

-gm