Conference/Teams SOS

MeanGreen61

From a May CBS Sportsline article. Sun Belt dead last in SOS. Sun Belt team schedules scroll down to bottom. Strength of conference teams really affects our SOS.

Rating by Conferences

Rnk Conference Rating

1 Big East 1.2955

2 SEC 1.1887

3 Big 12 1.1750

4 ACC 1.1544

5 Pac-10 1.1294

6 Indep. 1.0883

7 Big Ten 1.0716

8 WAC 0.9094

9 M. West 0.8908

10 MAC 0.7853

11 C-USA 0.7362

12 Sun Belt 0.6661

Sun Belt Teams SOS

#99 ULL

#100 ULM

#113t FAU

#113t MUTS

#116t North Texas

#116t Troy

#118 ASU

#119 FIU

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/...l/story/8521762

Edited by MeanGreen61

After playing three straight games against teams ranked at the time to start the season and playing 7 of the first 9 on the road last year, I'm ready for a weaker non-conference slate at ASU. On service last year said we played the 3rd toughest non-conference slate in the nation. I'm ready to scale back a bit.

After playing three straight games against teams ranked at the time to start the season and playing 7 of the first 9 on the road last year, I'm ready for a weaker non-conference slate at ASU. On service last year said we played the 3rd toughest non-conference slate in the nation. I'm ready to scale back a bit.

You guys certainly have had some seriously strong OOC schedules in the past. You also have had some good games, like TAMU a few years back. Too bad you did not win that one! wink.gif

---This an example of goofy stats........ If they rated us (Sun Belt) on non-conf. ONLY games we would be near the top... When you rate conference teams low to start with then consider we play many games against each other of course we would rate extremely low on strength of schedule......

---"Pussy- Cat" non-conf schedule for this year has to be Texas Tech...........Florida International, Sam Houston State and Indiana State....... all were I-AA last year and Fla.Int. is now making the transition to I-A and will not be all that strong this year. Five of the first six Tech games are home games. Their coaching should be shot and hung if they fail to have a winning season. Baylor is not much better... they play SMU, Army, and Samford (a I-AA team from Georgia, not Stamford). A&M's non-conf is a "little better"--SMU, Texas State and Clemson (good but not rated).

Meanwhile we have: LSU, Kansas State, LaTech and Tulsa.......much more difficult non-conf games than they have....The bad news for them is they have Texas and OU as a conf. foes.

****LSU is rated #16 in preseason AP and ESPN polls....much below what we have seen lately in game #1.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---This an example of goofy stats........ If they rated us (Sun Belt) on non-conf.  ONLY games we would be near the top... When you rate conference teams low to start with then consider we play many games against each other of course we would rate extremely low on strength of schedule......

---"Pussy- Cat" non-conf schedule for this year has to be Texas Tech...........Florida International, Sam Houston State and Indiana State....... all were I-AA last year and Fla.Int. is now making the transition to I-A and will not be all that strong this year.  Five of the first six Tech games are home games.  Their coaching should be shot and hung if they fail to have a winning season.  Baylor is not much better... they play SMU, Army, and Samford (a I-AA team from Georgia, not Stamford).  A&M's non-conf is a "little better"--SMU, Texas State and Clemson (good but not rated).

Meanwhile we have:  LSU,  Kansas State,  LaTech and Tulsa.......much more difficult non-conf  games than they have....The bad news for them is they have Texas and OU as a conf. foes.

****LSU is rated #16 in preseason AP and ESPN polls....much below what we have seen lately in game #1.

Samford is actually in Birmingham, AL.

Absolutely beautiful campus.

Didn't we play them maybe 4-5 years ago at Fouts??

Guest JohnDenver

Samford is actually in Birmingham, AL.

Absolutely beautiful campus.

Didn't we play them maybe 4-5 years ago at Fouts??

We did play Samford ... It was the first time I heard of them. It was fun to get people interested going with me because they thought they heard "Stanford.." I didn't correct them. I let them find out on their own.

SOS will go back up a bit once the season gets rolling. They just automatically put the non-BCS down first. The main thing though.. is OOC wins. We all have the rough OOC schedule in common, but those losses shared amongst all teams in a conference destroy the total SOS. Thank GOD LaTech has backed off this year with Florida, Kansas, and North Texas. Florida's a real booger, but Kansas is a good 50-50 even matchup, and I'm not gonna talk any smack to you guys.. North Texas is a nice game at home. Last year was of course Miami, Tennessee, Auburn, and ULL. Dealing with the ranked teams in our own conf. was enough, and then to have those games... for the love of all that is good and decent...

DOWN WITH THE BCS!!!