Field Update!

BIG DAWG

There is an updated picture of Fouts on the meangreensports.com site.

It just shows the first layer of crushed rock that goes down. Nothing else, it just continues to say that it will be done in time for Tulsa.

I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO! biggrin.gif

Where would we play if for some reason it was not finished in time?

There is an updated picture of Fouts on the meangreensports.com site.

It just shows the first layer of crushed rock that goes down.  Nothing else, it just continues to say that it will be done in time for Tulsa.

I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO! biggrin.gif

Where would we play if for some reason it was not finished in time?

My back yard is probably big enough...but it is @ 18 Hours away! sad.gif

user posted image

So, taking into consideration from this photo that thousands of pounds of old, excess turf is allowed to be dumped ontop of the empty, southern half-moon open area, which is simply bare concrete I believe, then there isn't any excuse that can be thrown at us for not having our three historical spirit icons(Boomer the Cannon, Victory the NT Spirit Bell and the 1929 Model A Mean Green Machine) displayed in the OPEN there for all to see?

Two years ago New Mexico State made Sports Illustrated simply for it's tradition for having a large bell at their games. Their Bell aint $#i+ compared to our 1500lb, fully self propelled spirit bell, Victory. But who in hell even knows about it or the Model A when our own folks force them over to the sides behind the stands during the games? The reasons for this have been because they don't want them over the track due to weight and/or oil leaks but 4 sheets of plywood can take care of that.

And we wonder why people claim we have no traditions? God I'm tired of the excuses!

Rick

No, when the new stadium is made, I have heard from a "higher up", or wife of, that Fouts will reamin as a track only stadium.

The word that has been predominate from most is that Fouts will be demolished because TxDOT needs land that is very close to it that would prevent it from being able to exist as a functional stadium for any purposes. Then it has been said that NT will use all the areas where Fouts used to be and its huge parking lot space surrounding the peripheal of the Fouts complex will be used for new dorms and academic buildings.

Surely there would be an update in the campus master plan if there were any changes, right? blink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen