So we know that the great all-knowing Tuna won't play Drew Henson or Tony Romo next week, against Philly.

So then, after Philly puts the final nail into the playoff hopes coffin....will the genius let a backup QB play the last two games?

And if he does....will they have enough time (two games) to show what they have?

No.

Parcells blew this season when he put Testaverde in the 2nd half of the game on Turkey Day.

At that point, he could have given either Drew or Tony 6 weeks to show what they had.

But no, we got Vinny.....who was pathetic today. You gonna tell me that the other guys couldn't have been at least that good?

Parcells may be a great coach. But he sure isn't planning well for the Cowboys future. I guess they go into next year with VT as their QB. Of course, then he'll be 42 (but have the body of a 32 year old).

Yeah right.

I agree with the quarterback points you made, and not because I'm a mindless knee-jerker that always thinks the backup is better until I see the backup-like Parcells implies at every presser. We won the Bears game, and Vinny did OK, but that's it, OK. He did not do anything Drew could not do. Like I said before, I guess Vinny showed he was "the best chance to win" by having the good sense to have his interception fumbled rather than taken for a score like Drew's. The ball-handling skills of R.W. McQuarters should not factor into deciding the more effective of two players. I will hand it to Vinny that he didn't pack it in on Monday and with a little help from Julius, pulled the game out. But lest we forget, he did more to fuel the Seahawks comeback than any Seahawk. Today he was nothing more than bad.

This all goes to the point of Vinny being only marginally better than Henson, if at all, and for the future of the team it is better for Henson to play and make mistakes, learn from them, and gain experience and confidence. Some might argue that it goes against what every coach and team stands for-to win each game each week-but I disagree. I want the Cowboys to win every week, but I don't see where Vinny gives us that great chance to do so.

So, we could lose to bad teams like the Saints with a 41 year old throwing INTs everywhere or with a rookie doing it that can actually take those mistakes, learn from them, and benefit the team in the future at the same time.

Yes the "best chance to win" has been one of the worst players on the field the last three weeks.

But I think my favorite is that Parcells can sit there and say that our backup QB is "not ready."

Laughable considering that the definitive backup QB is a guy who has to be ready at any given moment to come in and play, their only other characteristic being to not COST you the game. If the backup QB isn't ready, then he shouldn't be the backup QB. If neither Romo or Henson are ready, then a personnel mistake was made at some point. Regardless, it doesn't much matter now.