UNT to I-AA ???

3afan

what does everyone think about UNT moving down to I-AA ??? they obviously have reached their limit as a I-A program .... and is the NO Bowl better than getting to possibly play for a national title? also the schedule is a mess with no home games against in-state opponents - that has got to change.

thoughts?

The future is in 1-A. We tried 1-AA and it nearly killed the program all together.

You are known in the long run by the company you keep. Do we want our image to be equated to Southland Conference type colleges, or do we prefer to shoot for a higher standard, no matter how long it takes? I say shoot for the sky. We have nothing to lose.

Going to I-AA, UNT would save aproximately $300,000 in scholarships and $100,000 in salaries.

Revenue from game guarantees would fall at least $600,000.

Net loss of $200,000 to the budget ASSUMING no drop in ticket sales, donations, and sponsorships.

In other words a horrible financial decision.

Going to I-AA, UNT would save aproximately $300,000 in scholarships and $100,000 in salaries.

Revenue from game guarantees would fall at least $600,000.

Net loss of $200,000 to the budget ASSUMING no drop in ticket sales, donations, and sponsorships.

In other words a horrible financial decision.

And you can bet there would be a substantial drop in donations. I supported the program all the years it was 1-AA at a high or higher level than I did during the Fry era (when I first started giving finanacially to the school), but I would not continue to do so if we were dumb enough to drop back again.