Random NCAA 2005 Grumblings

I just started 2009, and in in 2007 and 2008 I was undefeated and #2 or #1 in the Polls and both times in the last week a BCS school jumped over me even though they had a loss.

But I got to play in the Rose Bowl both times at least. I now have 4 Top 10 schools scheduled this season and just beat #6 Cal, so we shall see.

I'm a dork and simulate seasons just to get to recruiting. I ended one season with one loss, but was left out of the title game behind a two teams with two losses, and I had beaten one one of them. It made no sense, but in that case it's realistic because the BCS rating system is kinda crazy.

Has anyone encountered a game that the computer will just not let you win, no matter what? For instance, I played 7-5 Houston in the New Orleans Bowl, and Heisman candidate JaMario Thomas fumbles on three of the first four drives? I hit reset (got TOO mad) and beat them 42-17...crazy. It appears that there is a random game that the computer will just not let you win that pops up once or twice a season.

Edited by PerryG2480

I'm a dork and simulate seasons just to get to recruiting.  I ended one season with one loss, but was left out of the title game behind a two teams with two losses, and I had beaten one one of them.  It made no sense, but in that case it's realistic because the BCS rating system is kinda crazy.

If you like the recruiting you need to try out this game, its about 1000 times deeper.

They have a demo here.

Has anyone encountered a game that the computer will just not let you win, no matter what?  For instance, I played 7-5 Houston in the New Orleans Bowl, and Heisman candidate JaMario Thomas fumbles on three of the first four drives?  I hit reset (got TOO mad) and beat them 42-17...crazy.  It appears that there is a random game that the computer will just not let you win that pops up once or twice a season.

Yeah, that has seemingly been in the AI since Madden 97 (96 was pretty easy), where the CPU will win at all costs. It's a part of football gaming.

Recently I was in a tight defensive battle, I scored with just under 1 minute left to make it 7-0. On the next series, the CPU gets sacked, throws two incompletes, and converts on 4th and 17 to get another shot. Now, near midfield, the CPU gets sacked twice and throws one incomplete. That made it 4th and 24 with 3 seconds left from just about the 50. You guessed it, deep ball, WR breaks two tackles, TD. I ended up winning in 3OTs (it was the greatest game ever on my profile 1900+).

They don't score the whole game, but somehow pull it off with 3 seconds by converting on two long passes when the other 6 plays of the drive went nowhere or backward....

If you like the recruiting you need to try out <a href=http://www.solecismic.com/tcy/index.php>this</a> game, its about 1000 times deeper.

They have a demo <a href=http://www.solecismic.com/tcydemo/index.php>here</a>.

Is that the game you were telling me about on the way back from Little Middle last year?

Have you ever played Out of the park baseball? I have heard great things about it and it is a simulation game.

Glitch? Maybe the 2nd best team in the SBC was also ranked high in the BCS and they took them over you?

I haven't had this problem yet but I do get alot of one loss BCS schools jumping me in the rankings at the end of the season to knock me out of the title game! mad.gif

This isn't a grumbling, but I got sick of the Patrick Cobbs problem and created a new Patrick with the same ratings as before (I had changed them slightly from the default) and "changed" the Cobbs that was a junior into another Mean Green that with that classification that was left off the game. Just something for yall to try to make the roster a little more accurate.