The Cowboys signed Vinny Testaverde to a one year deal (not in the article, but I heard him say that in the press conference).

My $.02:

I have been a big Quincy backer the last couple years because I think he works hard and more importantly, his competition was Chad Hutchison, who is just brutal. Vinny said he would not have signed without a promise at a shot as the starting QB. Quincy did not begin to thrive until the QB competition last year, and I think he is better with a fire lit under him. However, Chad ain't Vinny, even at 40 years old. I think they will battle it out and will be pleased with either one starting, I defer to Parcells on this stuff. But even if Vinny beats out Quincy for the starting job, there is no way a 40 year old quarterback stays healthy for all 16 games and Quincy will be called upon at some point. I think both QB's starting days in Dallas will be over after next season, making way for Drew Henson.

Anyway, here is the link to the DMN article. If you aren't registered, do it, it's free and takes like 2 minutes.

From DMN

I think this is very good news. This, if nothing else, provides the Cowboys with an experienced back-up to Quincy. What happens last year if Quincy goes down? Chutch to the rescue? I'd rather bring Jason Garrett back (seriously). If that happens this year, the offense should still be competitive (cough, kinda). I agree, if Carter wasn't sweating his job before, he's probably feeling the heat for sure now. That's a good thing.

Oh and about Warner...I saw a picture of him and his wife once...which one of them plays football again?

Edited by PerryG2480