The greatest shot in N T history ?

greenjoe

Was Michael DeGrate's 88 ft shot against New Orleans the greatest shot in NT Basketball history ? I've seen lots of NT games in the Super Pit and a good many in the old Men's Gym (a gym for old men ?) and I can't even come close to s shot like that. Guard Pat Hicks hit a jumper as time ran out to beat Texas back in the early eightys, but that was more impressive as to who we beat as it was a fine shot. I'm not even sure the three point shot existed back then. So what's your favorite MEAN GREEN bucket ?

My favorite was the Cedric Carson 1/2 court shot against Sam Houston State in the early 90s. It was "Paranoia in the Super Pit." Talon 90 jumped on the court and was in the middle of the celebration.

Probably the greatest shot was by guard Ron Miller in 1967 which beat Drake on national television. At that time the Missouri Valley had a game of the week and was equivalent to today's ACC or Big XII.

Guest e-bone

We beat UNO by 3 and who knows what would have happened without those 3 points that DeGrate got with the shot. We may not be in the tournament right now. If the Mean Green go on to do something in the tournament, then that 3/4 court shot might be more meaningful than we had thought.