DRC: Friday Q&A with Brooke Shoemaker of Sports2Nite

Brett Vito

"His offensive system has already proven to be effective. The Cardinals put up more yards of total offense against New Mexico than they did in any game last year.

I say this offense will be better than that garbage SMU threw out there last week....maybe not as talented but they may move the ball.

I think I read that Bob Davies had a lot of experience on D. This will be a good test for the D and an opportunity to take another step forward. They better be prepared.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

"His offensive system has already proven to be effective. The Cardinals put up more yards of total offense against New Mexico than they did in any game last year.

I say this offense will be better than that garbage SMU threw out there last week....maybe not as talented but they may move the ball.

I think I read that Bob Davies had a lot of experience on D. This will be a good test for the D and an opportunity to take another step forward. They better be prepared.

New Mexico is terrible. They won 3 games last season with one of those three being Abilene Christian.

They averaged less than 21 points per game and gave up nearly 32. 

I mention all of this because of the bolded quote. 

UIW won't know what hit them when they step onto the field at Apogee. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, adman said:

New Mexico is terrible. They won 3 games last season with one of those three being Abilene Christian.

They averaged less than 21 points per game and gave up nearly 32. 

I mention all of this because of the bolded quote. 

UIW won't know what hit them when they step onto the field at Apogee. 

I agree. 

3 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Eric Morris told me that at first look, he thought UNM's defense was better than North Texas'. He saw a lot of returning experience and just good scheme. After the SMU game, he said it was a 180. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1