Let’s not get cocky here.

Cr1028

Yes we won 9 games. Yes that is a wonderful number for our program.

However, let’s not pretend that if not for a few calls and balls that went our way, we very likely would  have lost to Army, UTSA, UAB, or LaTech. 

Thankfully this is a young team and we should improve next year but don’t be surprised to see the ball bounce the other way next year and we regress to 6 wins.

We had a lot of luck this season but luck isn’t enough to beat a team like FAU and I’m not convinced it is enough to beat Troy. 

Its good to be proud of the improvement but certain folks around the athletic department are puffing their cheat out a little bit more than I think they should. Be humble.

Criticism is part of the game. You have to have a thick skin or you end up in a pissing match with the fans. A match no athletic department staff member will ever win.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Yes we won 9 games. Yes that is a wonderful number for our program.

However, let’s not pretend that if not for a few calls and balls that went our way, we very likely would  have lost to Army, UTSA, UAB, or LaTech. 

Thankfully this is a young team and we should improve next year but don’t be surprised to see the ball bounce the other way next year and we regress to 6 wins.

We had a lot of luck this season but luck isn’t enough to beat a team like FAU and I’m not convinced it is enough to beat Troy. 

Its good to be proud of the improvement but certain folks around the athletic department are puffing their cheat out a little bit more than I think they should. Be humble.

Criticism is part of the game. You have to have a thick skin or you end up in a pissing match with the fans. A match no athletic department staff member will ever win.

I respect the point you're making, but there's a reason we won all of those close games. This team is full of heart. 

No room for cockiness, but plenty of room for appreciation.

• Upvote 2