UNT to where?

UNT to the?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. If you were at UNT, which conference would you recommend we talk to about expansion.. Also, if you would like put some reasons(PRO and CON) for your choice

• SEC
    • Big12
    • AAC
    • Pac12
    • C-USA
    • ACC
    • MWF

SEC.   It is the top of the college sports hierarchy.  If we're dreaming, dream big.  And really, it sort of fits geographically.

I wonder what the "name your price" buy-in would be for that conference?  If the SEC came out and said they had 2 openings available to the highest cash bidders in the FBS, how much could they get?

3 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

I wonder what the "name your price" buy-in would be for that conference?  If the SEC came out and said they had 2 openings available to the highest cash bidders in the FBS, how much could they get?

Well since min. total SEC payout to each team last year was $31.2M... a lot.  A lot of money.

1 hour ago, pastorgrant said:

Big 12 because...

...nearby schools with big names:

OSU

OU

TCU

Tech

Houston

UT

(and personally, KSU, because I have family up there)

I also think that if we could string a few really good seasons together, it would be possible.

I think we would need like 3 CUSA championships in a row, maybe more, to be considered for a move like that. It would take a total domination of CUSA for those schools to see us on their level, and they would be accurate.

I created this post because of all the talk with the Big 12. I do understand why so many people would like to go to the Big 12, but I have posted in others sections about how we shouldn't wanna joing the Big 12. As of right now the Big 12 is the 4 or 5th best Conference behind SEC, Big10, Pac12.. with Big12/ACC fighting for slot #4. UNT has something that alot of other programs that are wanting to move don't have... That is a top 5/10 Media market with a huge Alumni base that is in DFW. Also, every conference wants to play in DFW because of the # of recruits come out the area. Don't you think the SEC or PAC 12  would love to be able to bring in their schools and play in DFW on a routine basis instead of playing at Jerryworld once a year?

With that being said, Yes UNT has down right terrible when it comes to Football/Basketball, but I do think UNT could bring up the exposure these conferences would get in DFW with the fan bases(easy to get games as well for visiting fans as well), plus with our recent Academic Status we could bring that up... That alone I don't think can get us into either the SEC or PAC12, and this I where I think Wren Baker can help us, is that he finds a school that could join either the SEC or PAC12, some names that have been rumored to the big 12 that could be of interest could be UNT to the Pac12 with Colorado State(possibly even Boise State.) UNT provides the big media market while the other program provides an avg media market plus a descent athletic program. For the SEC we could partner with someone like Memphis(Former Baker school) for the SEC. Memphis is a up and coming Program that has an above avg. media market as well, but if the SEC isn't in favor of adding a 3rd Tennessee School, we could turn to Cinny which could help with recruiting up north for the SEC, while the SEC then play in the back yard of Big10.

I know that this is wishful, and the only reason this was created was because of the people wanting to join the Big12.. The Big12 in my view is a conference that is slowly dying and we will be left out or given another slight upgrade by default... We should be and need to be out pressing and offering UNT to the SEC and Pac12... Because right now, TCU isn't thinking about life after the Big12, and SMU is not interested in the SEC since the SEC has lower academic standard then they would like(also, UNT has a much larger Alumni Base.)