new outlook

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

In the past with few exceptions NT has only done what is necessary to maintain NT at the minimum level of competition.   That begin to change with the hiring of McCarney, a bad hire; but it signaled a new era.  Since than NT administration has terminated RV and McCarney at a huge cost and employed two very promising replacements.  

Solid post as usual.

I have maintained that 2011 with the Mac hiring and opening of Apogee is really when we started wearing our big boy pants in terms of facilities and salaries.  Up until that point we were in many ways just funding at the near minimum level.  Just enough to basically keep the lights on and a small open sign in the corner of the window.

So I agree with you that 2011 is in many ways the real starting point.  And yes the Mac hire did not work out, even though we did have one decent season from Mac with mostly Dodge players.

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Well a new coach, new ad and we are undefeated in all sports heading into the fall.  I know i am giving basketball a pass right now  but hope has returned to the program.

I will continue to give major credit to PREZ Smack down. The changes in a short period of time has been great and somewhat surprising! What has really been great is the professional way they were handled! I believe the BOR and Prez are finally on board! "F" potential! GMG

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1