For those that want Spavital

NTXCoog

Murray should have gone to UT. With a bit of effort, he'd have likely been the starter ever year he was there. Baseball was another big consideration for Murray. I understand UT has a baseball program, too?

Regardless, I think you see Murray go pro in baseball sooner rather than later. 

As for Spavital, I too will pass on what he's selling. 

Don't overthink this hire. Go get a good, young coordinator that has energy and can sell the dream. All it takes is one really good class with a couple big-name recruits to turn this ship around. 

I played for Coach Wager at Martin and I would love to see him coach in college one day. I have no doubt he would be an amazing recruiter. Dude is relentless. Works out as hard as any player and spends countless hours at the field house. He wouldn't take no for an answer and if he coached here he'd get two or three kids a class who he should have no business getting. Problem is, he never got his Master's degree so he wouldn't be considered.

I think Westerburg will be a good coach in college if he chooses to make that transition. He looks like he's running a college team and coaching staff.

Masters? To coach college football? Is there something here I am missing? 

Murray should have gone to UT. With a bit of effort, he'd have likely been the starter ever year he was there. Baseball was another big consideration for Murray. I understand UT has a baseball program, too?

Regardless, I think you see Murray go pro in baseball sooner rather than later. 

As for Spavital, I too will pass on what he's selling. 

Don't overthink this hire. Go get a good, young coordinator that has energy and can sell the dream. All it takes is one really good class with a couple big-name recruits to turn this ship around. 

Who was the guy that sold Murray (among others) on going to A&M in the first place?

Kyler Murray's Rivals page

Spavital is the guy you're talking about bolded above.  He's the best recruiter out of anyone who has been mentioned on gmg.com. 

He's not coming here.

Who was the guy that sold Murray (among others) on going to A&M in the first place?

Kyler Murray's Rivals page

Spavital is the guy you're talking about bolded above.  He's the best recruiter out of anyone who has been mentioned on gmg.com. 

He's not coming here.

I don't care if he's not coming here, I never advocated Spavital coming here, I just said I'd like a younger guy who can recruit. As I understand it, there's more to college football than recruiting, so I'd obviously like him to be able to coach, too. 

I don't care if he's not coming here, I never advocated Spavital coming here, I just said I'd like a younger guy who can recruit. As I understand it, there's more to college football than recruiting, so I'd obviously like him to be able to coach, too. 

It was more of a, "don't worry, he's not coming here.", statement.  Not trying to put words in your mouth.

I think Spavital can coach.  I'd love to have him, but he's not coming here.