SMU thank you, credit where credit is due.

KingDL1

I'm not real wild about them either but having kids in high school band, we have wear them as well.  We wore the khaki shorts this week and the other band did not.  After halftime, their band was have serious heat related issues.  Saturday wasn't as hot but it really has become a safety issue.  We are scheduled to wear the full uniform this Friday night and i'm putting the over/under on kids to the ambulance at 2.5. 

As someone with a kid in marching band, who's been wearing the khaki shorts to this point in the year, I say, "Damn her and her health!  We need pageantry dammit!"

• Upvote 1

The SMU flag is larger the the U.S. Flag

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/pCzEHcz.jpg

Rick

Maybe, but I don't think so.

In the first picture you posted there is a pennant hung below the SMU flag. In the picture from the above quote all flags are hanging limp and the pennant is not easily visible, but I think that is why their flag appears to be longer (and thus larger) than the U.S. Flag.

Based on two photos (taken from what, 100 yards away?) it appears to me that SMU is actually following the rules.

I'm not real wild about them either but having kids in high school band, we have wear them as well.  We wore the khaki shorts this week and the other band did not.  After halftime, their band was have serious heat related issues.  Saturday wasn't as hot but it really has become a safety issue.  We are scheduled to wear the full uniform this Friday night and i'm putting the over/under on kids to the ambulance at 2.5. 

"After halftime, their band was have serious heat related issues." I saw no issues. I could be wrong too. (<---- Ignore that)

The suits are more breathable/comfortable than you'd think and jackets are frequently taken off in the stands. The only time I had an issue was when I had a sinus tumor and already had problems breathing that year.

Edited by malonish

"After halftime, their band was have serious heat related issues." I saw no issues. I could be wrong too.

The suits are more breathable/comfortable than you'd think and jackets are frequently taken off in the stands. The only time I had an issue was when I had a sinus tumor and already had problems breathing that year.

pretty sure @Lurker meant the kids at a high school game.

I had a great time and everyone was really friendly. Except the SMU law who tried to start a fight with everyone and dropped the N bomb like 20 times in front of kids. He was promptly arrested and was very drunk.

Really cool fans other than one moron. We have morons too.I had a great time and we'll hopefully win at home next year.

I totally agree. There was a lot of green and the SMU faithful should have been upset about that but were generally nice.

If anyone was surprised with seeing the SMU boat shoe frat boys and their antics then you live under a rock. It is SMU!!!

But to be fair, I was in a fraternity at UNT almost 20 years ago, not sure I would have made the best example for visiting fans! Home fans, anyone!

At the end of the day we lost. Badly. They can "scoreboard" us all day. Considering how many fans we brought into their house I saw very little taunting. We damn near invaded and then got beat.

We are all mad, but we need to look in the mirror before we say a thing about SMU.

The SMU law student tried to pick a fight w/ 2  mid 1990's era UNT football players, who incidentially were the biggest men in the section. Thank god the UNT football alumni are adults and contacted the police. I fear that kid would have been seriously injured.

As someone with a kid in marching band, who's been wearing the khaki shorts to this point in the year, I say, "Damn her and her health!  We need pageantry dammit!"

Band looked and sounded great. I was never in a band, I don't understand why it matters if they wear shorts and polo shirts. Forgive my ignorance.

• Upvote 2

Band looked and sounded great. I was never in a band, I don't understand why it matters if they wear shorts and polo shirts. Forgive my ignorance.

BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY IF THE BAND DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT THE FOOTBALL TEAM WILL WIN! Just kidding. It's a thing to talk about and you know what they say about monkeys and typewriters.