A familiar subject at UNT too

DeepGreen

We are winning in Apogee.  It's away from Apogee where we have a problem...

I also forgot to mention that during RV's tenure, we have appeared in 2 of our 3 total men's NCAA tournament appearances in history.  Also during RV's reign of terror, we have played in 5 of the 7 total bowl games in our history (5/14, still needs to be 50%+).  

I hate to come off as a supporter, because I am actually on the fence with RV.  I recognize some of the positive things he has done, but I still feel like there should be more.  The big 3 sports should maintain records at or above .500 for example. 

I haven't taken the time to look at the other sports to see what our results have been, but I know that there has been some success in those sports.

As Oldguy pointed out, you might be surprised at what executives in the 'real world' get away with.

Over half the teams now go to a bowl games, also believe me RV had very little to do with DD's success.  RV didn't hire him and the two didn't exactly work well together.  Jones no doubt was a very good hire.   RV's only hires in football are the totally unprepared Dodge and McCarney, who is still in the evaluation stage.  However, RV totally erred by extending McCarney giving NT very few options even if this year is a disaster. 

No doubt Benford was a horrible hire even if he does turn things around this year.  The team went from the verge of national prominence to to the bottom third of NCAA bb and the best team in the Metromess to the worse.   His two WBB hires have been almost unbelievably bad.  With Jalee, he made another splash relatively high risk hire. 

RV should be given credit for upgrading the other sports which with the exception of soccer were overall non-competitive.   

• Upvote 1