Some observations as the Season Continues

UNT86

#2 Pegram seems to have lost a step. I remembered him being faster last year. The ACL may have healed, but he just doesn't seem to hit the hole like he did. I thought he was our best back last year when he got hurt.

#22 Jimmerson seems to have solved his ball security issues. They also seem to be calling more plays that don't allow him to just run anywhere he wants.

#3 Minor is playing more each week. He looks like he is going to be a stud.

#8 Marshall seems to be losing playing time. I know he is a freak athlete, but he just doesn't seem to make many plays.

#6 Ellis has almost disappeared. He comes in as a pass rusher, but not much else. I really expected big things from him.

#24 and #27 Wade and Lee seem to finally be playing at the level we looked for at the beginning fo the year. I think both have fought health issues and finally healhy are kicking butt.

#32 Scott is by far the best MLB.

#43 Wallace is just too slow.

#63 Moore is going to be a great player for us the next 3 years.

#70 Wallace is getting better each week. He will be solid for us in the middle for the next two years.

#1 Smiley, #4 Kidsy, #9 Harris seem to be the WR of our future. The SR's we're losing don't seem to be anywhere as good as the young one's we have coming.

I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

Edited by UNT86
  • Upvote 3

My take on the O'line is that we are asking them to do something they weren't really recruited to do. They are downhill, power blockers. Now, because of our skill kids, they have had to switch to zone blocking. I think our lack of dominance from them this year as opposed to last year is the difference in scheme.

If you remember, we started out as a zone scheme last year, and struggled. When we went back to crushing people's guts, we got better.

Actually, I think we will be fine in spite of losing 4 starters.

• Upvote 2

My take on the O'line is that we are asking them to do something they weren't really recruited to do. They are downhill, power blockers. Now, because of our skill kids, they have had to switch to zone blocking. I think our lack of dominance from them this year as opposed to last year is the difference in scheme.

If you remember, we started out as a zone scheme last year, and struggled. When we went back to crushing people's guts, we got better.

Actually, I think we will be fine in spite of losing 4 starters.

Excellent points.

Rick

#2 Pegram seems to have lost a step. I remembered him being faster last year. The ACL may have healed, but he just doesn't seem to hit the hole like he did. I thought he was our best back last year when he got hurt.

#22 Jimmerson seems to have solved his ball security issues. They also seem to be calling more plays that don't allow him to just run anywhere he wants.

#3 Minor is playing more each week. He looks like he is going to be a stud.

#8 Marshall seems to be losing playing time. I know he is a freak athlete, but he just doesn't seem to make many plays.

#6 Ellis has almost disappeared. He comes in as a pass rusher, but not much else. I really expected big things from him.

#24 and #27 Wade and Lee seem to finally be playing at the level we looked for at the beginning fo the year. I think both have fought health issues and finally healhy are kicking butt.

#32 Scott is by far the best MLB.

#43 Wallace is just too slow.

#63 Moore is going to be a great player for us the next 3 years.

#70 Wallace is getting better each week. He will be solid for us in the middle for the next two years.

#1 Smiley, #4 Kidsy, #9 Harris seem to be the WR of our future. The SR's we're losing don't seem to be anywhere as good as the young one's we have coming.

I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

Great observations. Please post more often.