UNT, DCTA & CVB partnering for gameday events

C Vo

We are burying the lead here... this is exactly what so many have been clamoring for for so many years! the school and the city collaborating should be making this board jump for joy, not bitch about the law school or lack there of.

We all know that it is going to take more than one year of winning and more than one year of this project to achieve what we know the potential of this place to be, but damn it, we have to strike somewhere and finally we have a hot iron!

GMG

I agree, hickoyhouse, Brandeis University and law school are relatively new (1948) and started from scratch. Of course, UNT-Dallas Law will not be Brandeis for a while, but it's a start. I think the UNT letters on old Dallas City Hall , a wonderful and historic old building by the way, in a booming downtown Dallas is kind of neat.

• Upvote 1

I went to to website and it showed the old Titche's building. I thought the law school was going to be in the old Dallas City Hall building that the city of Dallas donated millions of dollars to renovate. Renovating and using that venerable old building has always been a major appeal of having a law school there, whatever the name. Harry, if you (or anyone) has any information on this, please let us know.

I actually had an interview at the UNT Law School a few months ago. It isn't at the old City Hall. It is downtown Dallas at 1901 Main Street. Nice renovation. Didn't get the job...but a nice building anyway.

http://lawschool.untsystem.edu/

• Upvote 2

How does a game day schedule with shuttles launch in July? It is admittedly late, so maybe I'm not comprehending.

As for that building downtown, for some ungodly reason, I had to take ethics there in 2010. Not one student or the professor was Dallas based. UNT just arbitrarily decided that everybody needed an extra eighty mile round trip and paid parking every week. Sucked. And I got one of my only two B's in that class. Screw that building.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

How does a game day schedule with shuttles launch in July? It is admittedly late, so maybe I'm not comprehending.

As for that building downtown, for some ungodly reason, I had to take ethics there in 2010. Not one student or the professor was Dallas based. UNT just arbitrarily decided that everybody needed an extra eighty mile round trip and paid parking every week. Sucked. And I got one of my only two B's in that class. Screw that building.

Well hells bells, oldguystudent. Excuse my young ass for living. If I had KNOWN you got a B in that nationally known architectural treasure, I would not even have considered wanting a law school there. Only two B's you say? Don't worry, we won't hold your remaining C's and D's against you.

• Upvote 3

Well hells bells, oldguystudent. Excuse my young ass for living. If I had KNOWN you got a B in that nationally known architectural treasure, I would not even have considered wanting a law school there. Only two B's you say? Don't worry, we won't hold your remaining C's and D's against you.

The fun part of the internet is that with only text, absent audible intonation, I honestly can't tell if you're going along with the joke or just being a dick. I don't pay much attention to user names, so don't much track trends, so I can only give it a 50/50 shot each way. Learned that in stats. Honors stats. Got one of my 28 A's in that class. Still sucked driving to downtown for a class.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1