No strike!

IronMan4

Baseball still has a lot of things to change before it becomes America's favorite sport again, but this was a step in the right direction. In the future, they need to avoid setting a strike date altogether.

One of the things that's looked over that could really help baseball is marketing. All baseball pushes is past memories. Willie Mays, Joe Dimaggio, and Ted Williams were all great, but they shouldn't be on MLB commercials. How about A-Rod, Barry Bonds, Schilling and Johnson, and Pudge? All of those are locks for the HOF, and A-Rod, Bonds, and Pudge are already arguably the best at thier position ever.

I don't want to try to get into all the numbers crunching, because I had to take college algebra several times for a reason, but there does need to be some control. Any little market team that brings up a prospect and develops him just gets him taken off his hands by the Yankees, Braves, Dodgers or Mets. The Royals and Twins should be able to keep thier homegrown players. Just thought I bring this up and see if there was any other thoughts on this.

You're right on IronMan...last years World Series was the 2nd best I've seen(the best was the '91 classic).

Why is it the best baseball of the year usually comes in the playoffs in baseball....and with other sports that is not usually the case.

That is something I've wondered for years. smile.gif