North Texas vs Georgia Preview

Harry

Georgia may have the toughest four game sequence as any team when it comes to college football. The Bulldogs will have played three top 10 opponents in their first four weeks of the season. Georgia is even at 1-1 on the campaign, after a loss to Clemson to get things underway and a big South Carolina win in Week 2, with LSU looming next week after a fresh win over Auburn this Saturday. Put right in the mix of these great opponents is new Conference USA member North Texas for Georgia’s third game Saturday. Georgia will get North Texas right off a program rebounding win over Ball State last weekend. North Texas railed off a 34-27 come from behind win against Ball State last Saturday, after the team fell down to 20-3 before the start of the second quarter. North Texas kicker Zach Paul converted on 4-of-4 field goals, while Mean Green second year quarterback Derek Thompson threw for 274 yards and rushed for 72 yards, accounting for a touchdown both as a passer and runner.

The matchup to watch early will deal with Scott-Wesley going up against the No. 1 corner on defense for North Texas, Zac Whitfield. It’s paramount that fifth year senior Aaron Murray takes the same type of chances with his arm that he took overshadowing his counterpart Connor Shaw last time out, throwing for 309 yards and four touchdowns against the Gamecocks.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/09/17/sec-football-north-texas-vs-georgia-preview/?SB21rfyFpWkqxm4Y.99

I just wish some of their fans actually did the research on UNT and presented themselves a little more classy. Entitled and arrogant. Looking forward to LSU beating them in a few weeks.

Who ever that fan(s) were, they obviously don't represent the bulldog nation. We are far from arrogant and never undermine a non conference opponent. As far as looking forward tp LSU beating us, don't hold your breath. It will be hard fought, but lets play the game before we decide if they can beat us. Looking forward to a good game, first time our schools have played. If you're going to the game, have safe travels.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's why I said "Some". We have a lot of Georgia fans in our office. They represent what I suspect most UGA fans to be. Great, respectful, fans that take the time to read up on teams and not make assumptions that make them sound ignorant. By the way..I married into an LSU family so I am a T-Shirt Alum of LSU. Even considered LSU for my doctorate work. Believe me...I have met plenty of obnoxious LSU fans. I just don't have time for entitlement. One of the reasons why I love to see Texas getting a taste of their own medicine right now. Just distracts from the game.

We have ALL been on the losing end of games and know that feeling well. Truth is...EVERY team that is "someone" today has had to start somewhere and was not born great. So a UGA comment about our stadium being empty for the Ball State game is just a dig and arrogant. (referring to our boys being overwhelmed at your stadium). If anything, we have more experience than some with all of the SEC teams we have played on their home turf over the years...LSU being one of them. UNT football has a great history and a bright future and I will take the pain of what we have gone through over the years with losing and growing something special over some Big 12 or SEC team that has a sea of fans thinking their success started from the beginning. It's garbage. Ok...I'm done ranting. Here's to a great, injury free game. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1