TCU new uniform

Marty

Since FroggyStyle was kind enough to post the link, I should point out that not all on killerfrogs agree with FroggyStyle's trolling.

"The mods deleted his post because everyone on GOMEANGREEN is tired of him trolling. All He does is go on there and talk smack. He is the Rodog of the GOMEANGREEN board. It is sad really. I am all for trolls being deleted. "

I have a ton of respect for TCU football. If I were FroggyStyle's peers on that board, I would not support his trolling at all . He is an embarrassment to their fine program and what is normally a group of classy fans. At least a few of them were not impressed with his actions here.
Every school has a few of them. When I see one of ours trolling other boards, I get embarrassed for my school.

That is funny because that is my post on KillerFrogs you quoted. I went to UNT (Now I am back at UNT in grad school) and I got a masters at TCU. So, I support both teams.

• Upvote 1

I know quite a bit about TCU's past uniforms, actually. (In one of my introductory posts, I mentioned my past gig as a sportswriter -- it was to cover TCU and I was on-hand for their second and third Pro Combat unis (2010) being unveiled and was one of the first to report the original "Pro Combat" uniform story in 2009.)

I've been a fan of the Pro Combat look up until recently. And while there have been some hits and misses, I think Nike's done a pretty good job overall with all of the schools they've made them for. (They even did one for Trinity High School back in 2011 -- I covered that, too).

Having said all of that, I'm not as fond of this one.

In my humble opinion, the 2009 look was the best and they haven't quite been able to replicate that look since then.

-- Stephen

North Texas needs to do the same thing. Recruits love this stuff. UNT needs to start doing whatever they can to get better recruits and more interest. If fancy crazy uniforms do that, then I am all about it.

Alabama seems to be doing OK. Maybe that's an unfair comparison because we're in different galaxies but still

• Upvote 1