Women's Recruiting Question

My daughter plays basketball. She will be a junior next year and likely to make varsity. We are currently going to her summer games - summer city league but mostly girls on the same teams as they play in high school. I do not know anything about recruiting rules. If I see a standout performance by a player, can I email UNT women's head coach Petersen? Is this allowed? I see really good players from time to time at my daughter's games.... For example, tonight I saw a girl who was a very big post (for this age group) playing for a small, no name school who was incredible - I swear I heard her nickname was Shaq. She had post moves unlike anyone at this level. I'd love to see her in a Mean Green uniform. Can I email Peterson when I see players like this?

Edited by chrisfisher

My daughter plays basketball. She will be a junior next year and likely to make varsity. We are currently going to her summer games - summer city league but mostly girls on the same teams as they play in high school. I do not know anything about recruiting rules. If I see a standout performance by a player, can I email UNT women's head coach Petersen? Is this allowed? I see really good players from time to time at my daughter's games.... For example, tonight I saw a girl who was a very big post (for this age group) playing for a small, no name school who was incredible - I swear I heard her nickname was Shaq. She had post moves unlike anyone at this level. I'd love to see her in a Mean Green uniform. Can I email Peterson when I see players like this?

Yes, you can contact the UNT coaches about anyone you want too, however you are not allowed to try to recruit the girls.