A little info on walk-on DT Joe Astorga

Harry

Joe played at WT White and got a scholarship to play at Southwestern Assemblies of God College in Waxahachie. My understanding is he dominated there in his first year and wanted to go D-I. He has a little brother who is a freshman playing football at White. Anyway Astorga was invited to walk-on, he goes about 6-2 280 and from all accounts a pretty good football player that is taking this opportunity very seriously. It will be interesting to see how well he does in this camp. I have gotten to know his mom pretty well (a nice lady) and will keep everyone posted. His mom said his teammates have named him "Pancho Villa" because of his thick mustache.

Pancho Villa...that's classic. Also reminds me of my 10th grade history teacher who forgot every day that he had taught us the first lesson the day before and taught it again and again for 3 weeks, and Pancho Villa was in that lesson.

• Upvote 1

Pancho Villa...that's classic. Also reminds me of my 10th grade history teacher who forgot every day that he had taught us the first lesson the day before and taught it again and again for 3 weeks, and Pancho Villa was in that lesson.

That's quite a story.

• Upvote 7

That's quite a story.

I can tell it again...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1