I had no clue that no other Yankee in the history of that organization has ever reached the 3000 hit mark! With all the big hitters the Yankees have had over the years, who would have thought that Jeter would be the first to reach 3000? Well, not me at least, but I am sure some of the baseball folks on here may well have been aware. Just seems strange that over the years no other Yankee slugger had managed 3000.

Good for Jeter. Congratulations.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

That stat has to mean either first player to reach 3,000 hits while wearing a Yankee uniform or first player to spend his entire career with the Yankees to reach 3,000 hits. Dave Winfield and Rickey Henderson immediately come to mind as former Yankees who reached the 3,000 hit mark in other uniforms.

You may be right,but even so, several other big Yankee hitters come to mind such as Joe D., Lou G., Mickey M., etc., etc.

Someone tell me why this is worth negative points? If you are a baseball fan you have to acknowledge this feat by Jeter...likie him or not. Not many players reach 3000 hits.

Nice...thanks.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Downvote 3

You may be right,but even so, several other big Yankee hitters come to mind such as Joe D., Lou G., Mickey M., etc., etc.

Someone tell me why this is worth negative points? If you are a baseball fan you have to acknowledge this feat by Jeter...likie him or not. Not many players reach 3000 hits.

Joe DiMaggio took the prime years of his playing career off to go be a war hero.

Mickey Mantle drank himself into an untimely retirement.

Lou Gehrig got 2700 hits in 2130 games. He was cut just short by his eponymous disease.

Babe Ruth, at 2,873, probably would have pulled it off if they'd played 162 game seasons, and he didn't start out as a pitcher.

Otherwise, it's a pretty short list.